Titans should Trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree. However, saying CJ is 500 all purpose yards ahead of Earl is just as valid as saying Earl had 500 more rushing yards. Neither is 'better', but CJ has gained more yards then either of them.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

While I agree with everything you've said. Does anyone actually think that CJ is going to rush for 2,000+ yards in a season, again?

Same scenario.

Move while you can get the most for him.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're primary role is to run which is why I compare just those areas.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Look at the hype CJ got after 1 year.

It's only fair to call Arian the best in the league.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Okay. So you don't look at every aspect of the position for judging players? Running, ball handling, catching, and blocking are all vital to any evaluation of a RB's overall level of play.

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ didn't have that much hype after 1 year. It was after 2 years.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Ummm...did you not read the article where Eddie, the great your referring to, said the Titans need to pay CJ????

8. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Should we trade him because he is holding out, or because the titans refuse to make him an offer?

My opinion is that I support his hold out, but I also believe that the titans should trade him on the grounds that they clearly don't want to pay him what he is worth, so just get rid of him and be who you are, a joke of an organization.

Also, before anyway decides to use the argument that he isn't worth QB money, I don't think even CJ thinks he's going to get that either.

The ludicrousness is that the titans want to make this about coming to camp when we all know it is about being cheap. The titans suck and so do their management and anyone affiliated with said team. Period.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I do not think he sees 2K yards again, but I do think that, if he stays here with the new offense, he starts to evolve into more of a Marshall Faulk type back. He has shown the ability to catch and get yards after reception. This could really be a super-spark to the offense.

Also, hopefully with the new offensive scheme I do not see our coaching staff trying to act like he is Earl or Eddie, so I think that his career extends out more into the range of what a Marshall Faulk was (about 8-10 years of top line statistics, which gives him about another 4-7 years).

I agree that we could get alot for him now, but if we can sign him for top line RB pay, lets get it done (he is worth that IMO). If he thinks that he is worth more than that, then let someone else deal with this by trading him to one of the slug teams (Foreskins come to mind).

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Would you say Michael Vick is better than Peyton Manning because he can run?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar