Titans should have chances to sack Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans rank tied for 28th in the league in sacks with just 11 through eight games, but they may find an opportunity to get a little healthier Sunday against Jay Cutler and the Bears.

The Bears have surrendered 25 sacks in just seven games, the third-worst total in the league. Chicago allowed six sacks last week to Carolina, a team that entered the contest with only 14 sacks in its first six games.

Cutler was concise when asked what needs to happen for the Bears to surrender fewer sacks.

“Gotta’ protect better,” he said Wednesday during a conference call.

Asked if he felt he needed to get rid of the ball quicker at times, Cutler relented a bit.

“Well there’s always times, and there are going to be a couple cases a game where I’d like to give up the ball sooner,” Cutler said. “But our offense is built to get rid of the ball, and to get the guys that can make plays the ball in their hands as fast as possible.”

Bears coach Lovie Smith said the offensive line and Cutler have to share blame when it comes to the many sacks allowed.

“Normally when you have a sack, most people are just going to blame the offensive line,” Smith said. “But we’ve probably held onto the ball a little longer. It’s normally a combination of things and all I can say is that we can recognize what we’ve done to cause most of the sacks and hopefully we’ll be better at it this week.

“We can’t allow our quarterback to take that many shots. It’s as simple as that. When you have a special guy like we have in Jay, we have to protect him better. And we will.”

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cutler is pretty elusive, so even if their protection breaks down, we've still gotta get to him and wrap up. Not something we've done very well this year.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I bet we only end up with one sack.

The games we expect to wreak havoc in the backfield we end up doing absolutely nothing.

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I am pretty sure the guy that wrote this article is a raging alcoholic. I mean this was posted at 1:22 pm.. took some time to write and you don't write things like this without more than a "few" in you. We need to get him into a meeting.

5. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Titans...sacking... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar