Titans should come away with elite defender at #5

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

My only concern with Foster is that he's playing in the 220's this year. He wasn't the same player when he was playing in the 240's last year.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He was supposedly at 225, which considering how strong he is at the POA isn't that concerning. 225 can work in our defense, considering Spence played at 230 this year, Ryan Shazier plays in his 230's. - The days of 250 lb every down traditional LBer are gone.

Nickel takes up over half of the defensive snaps league wide now- WLB is a necessity, and there is a high premium on ones that arnt over powered in the run game.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not concerned that he can contribute at 225. I'm concerned that he bulks up (either from the advice of his agent/trainer or from his new coaching staff) and we don't get the dynamic player we see.

4. Clark

Ah yea that would be a major mistake. I don't expect him to bulk up for the combine because he's going to want to show that athletic ability, once he's on a team- then it's on the team to properly use him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

While I'm sure Foster would be great in the run game, that really hasn't been the issue with the team. How is he in pass coverage? I do know he's explosive as a pass rusher, so there's that going for him.

6. Clark

I would say it's strong. I've seen him run with Rbs on wheel routes. At his size that's where he has to win.

7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Think a dark horse would be Solomon Thomas @ 5.

8. Clark

This dude gonna be good, definitely going to rise up boards but I just don't see the pressing need.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I believe he scored 8 points. 6 on a pick 6 and 2 on a 2 point conversion returned.

Considering his team scored 29 points, he obviously didn't single-handedly beat the Falcons though he certainly made a huge impact in THAT game. And for making the occasional play like that, he's worth a 1st round pick. Does that make him a top 5 pick? Not to me.

But I certainly want him as he is one of the best S's in the NFL!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Then I wouldn't trust anything I read from them. He had at least two BIG missed tackles in that game. Perfect grade? Sorry!

His instincts in the run game are not quite as good as you'd expect from a guy ppl are talking about as a potential top 5 pick. Sometimes he does, and other times you're wondering where he's going for a step or 2. He can get away with that in college...especially with the rest of that defense around to solve 'problems' but that hurt him in the NFL where things happen a lot faster and he won't be as protected by a 2 gapping 3-4 scheme unless he goes to the Pats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar