Titans Set To Have Best Group Of WR Yet This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out when its all said and done and training camp plus exhibition time comes and goes.Not only will we have a solid set of receivers but our tight end situation looks pretty good also with Delanie Walker and Craig Stephens.

Still can't wait to see what Justin Hunter will do and if he will be that weapon we need on offense.I'm hoping if everything goes right that Britt will be back to dominance like he was pre-injury because Hunter and Britt together could end up being really dangerous.

If Kenny Britt comes back strong and Justin Hunter has a breakout year our offense could be very good.

We definitely know Kendall Wright will be solid and i expect the top three receivers to be Wright,Britt and Hunter though it will be interesting to see who catches the most passes this season.If Nate Washington is still here it will be interesting to see if he ends up in the top three receivers in terms of passes caught.Thats the big question though will he back?

So then we have Damian Williams,Kevin Walter and Marc Mariani in the bottom half of the WR depth although thats seven receivers.There is a chance both Mariani and Washington could be gone.In fact have to wonder if maybe Damian Williams might be on the bubble as far as making the opening day roster.

If Mariani wins the returner spot over Reynaud then he will most likely be at the bottom of the depth chart at WR but i have my doubts he can come back full force and win the returner spot.

The only thing thats odd about having all this talent at WR is that its been said we are going to go back to the ground game and that we will be rushing the ball more often.

Hopefully Jake Locker makes the most out of all this and has a really good year.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I just posted this in the wright forum but I think it fits here as well:

"I expect our passing attempts to be closer to the McNair era. 400/450 ish. Put passing attempts between 25/30 per game. The average amount of offensive plays per game is around 65ish. Last year locker had 360 attempts in his partial time and hass had another 220 or so. Nearly 600 pass attempts as a team. I think that changes drastically this year.

We are built as a spread offense team with all these WRs... Yet we are told we are going to run the ball... Lol these numbers leave CJ his 20/30 touches considering I think Greene will steal a handful (5/10) of carries every game. Maybe more?

25/30 attempts between britt, wright, hunter, Walter, Wash, Walker, CJ, Stevens? Fb?

Someone will become the safety valve and get 6-7+ touches/looks. The rest will be vying for 2/3 catches (at best)"

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

This hasn't been discussed much but after this season the WR depth will look much different and Wright plus Hunter might be the only receivers left.I think in 2014 we possibly bring in a free agent and maybe draft one in the middle rounds of the draft.As far as tight ends go Delanie Walker and Craig Stephens should both be back.

Kenny Britt could be gone after this season unless he has a great year and we tag him but even then he might not want to be tagged.Nate Washington may not be on the roster opening day but if he is it will be his last season.Damian Williams is another receiver who might be fighting for a spot and may not make it past this year.Kevin Walter is probably in his final season.Every one of these players might be gone at this point next year.

Wright and Hunter will be Jake Locker's top targets for many seasons if Locker plays well this season.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

All of those weapons won't mean squat if Loggains' offense isn't any good.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Can't see Washington sticking

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If we tag him he doesnt have a choice unless he just wants to sit out and not get paid, which I highly doubt he does!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

True. And for the record, no one wants to get tagged. Fat Albert was pissed about it but still played.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I don't know why people think Washington is done here. He has been our most consistent WR over his time here. Not saying a Whole lot, but that is something to value. Wright will be great, Hunter is an unproven commodety, and brittney is a HUUUUGE question mark.

That being said, I have a feeling that Hunter and even wright are going to prove to have been two Huge draft day steals. No matter who is the other WR for us after hunter and wright, I think we have a great year. We can call ourselves a run first team all we want to, but I don't remember us having this great of a receiving corps as well as a QB with such potential.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

There are some big ifs in that assumption.

I'm not saying it can't happen, there's just too much that has to go right and too many that has to step up. I agree, the passing attack will be improved over last year, but I'm not sure it will be great.

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I dream of this being true. But Locker has to play well. Can't believe Washington is like our 3rd or 4th ranked WR now. I can see alot of 4x WR sets on 3rd down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar