Titans Seeking More Production from Return Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans finished 29th in average drive start making the return game a priority entering this season. "That’s something we’re really working hard at and we’re emphasizing it with our team as far as it being a point of emphasis," Special Teams Coach Alan Lowry said. "We do have to improve in those areas, and the fact that we are looking for a guy to take the role and run with it." So far, a number of players have had opportunities on both punt and kickoff returns. Former Raider Chris Carr may be an early favorite to handle the punt return duties if he can hold off last season's returner Chris Davis. "They said they really wanted to improve that and they said that I could come in here and help them out," Carr said. Rookie Chris Johnson will compete to win the kick returner job. In his college career, he set a Conference USA record with 2,715 kickoff return yards. Though Johnson is also learning to catch punts, kickoffs are his primary special teams focus.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I am interested to see how CJ does on kick returns this preseason. If he blows one up for a TD I think Carr may regret his decision to join the Titans. :brow:

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar