Titans Second-Round Draft Pick (#52): North Carolina LB Zach Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Do you like tacklers? This guy isn't one.

2. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Those are some incredible numbers

3. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

we needed speed to catch them dang TE's.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Interesting pick.

I wonder how much Gray had a say in this. His system dictates that the linemen are bigger and absorb the OL, while i guess you have 2 more athletic LBs flying around the field, with the mean general in the middle. At least that would be the base look. With KW playing DE opposite Morgan, still not sure how its gonna work though (KW isnt a bigger guy)

But, the part about TEs gutting us for the past idn how many years is very accurate. With Ayers and Zach maybe we can turn that into a strength. How is his pass rushing?

This pick makes me believe that we will have a lot more looks on D, perhaps more 3-4 packages (Klug, Casey, Morgan, KW, Ayers, Colin, Brown/Will), it would be interesting.

----

I hope they see a couple quality linemen (on both sides) that remain for some of our next picks. But still saying all that, i think ida taken either Konz or Still with this pick.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We needed speed to guard TEs, but still...

Obviously our DL is the weak spot. Still and Curry are both on board, and we go OLB. Confuses me a little, but I guess I trust the FO. Really wish we woulda got Curry :(

I wonder if Worthy was on the board if we woulda went with him?

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We will warm up to him, come tomorrow..

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

well after seeing the raw freakish Jason Pierre-Paul turn into a stud after everyone thought he had no NFL skills , im all for giving Brown a chance. Dude could end up being a monster too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

McCarthy can tackle for two.

If he can shut down a tight end, or heck, limit a tight end to under 100 yards, I'm on board.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

FYI. Brown was a very weak tackler his first two years. Last year however he was a very solid tackler. He is not overly aggressive when it comes shedding blockers though.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Pretty Weird Ayers SUCKS vs the pass and this guys SUCKS vs the run.

I see as weapon especially for the future but since we have spoon I don't see him playing much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar