Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans S Michael Griffin fined $21,000 for Sunday’s hit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 9, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Titans safety Michael Griffin delivered the big hit – and he paid for it.

Griffin on Tuesday was fined $21,000 by the NFL for unnecessary roughness after delivering a sideline hit on Vikings receiver Michael Jenkins in Sunday’s 30-7 loss to the Vikings. Griffin was also penalized 15 yards on the play, when he led with his helmet while making the hit.

Griffin has been criticized by fans for not being more aggressive. Earlier last week, Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray said he wanted his players to be more physical without worrying about fines.

“It is easy for everybody to say “Take the shot.” But how easy is it to come out of my pocket?,’’ Griffin said. “It is one of those deals where I am a dumb (expletive) if I don’t make the hit, and I am a dumb (expletive) if I do and get penalized and fined. If I don’t take the hit, fans and everybody else is pissed off. If I do, it comes out of my wallet. So it’s a no-win situation.”

As a result of the fine, Griffin can’t help but wonder what might happen if he gets another.

Will that make him more tentative on the field?

“The fine could double, or you could get a one-game suspension if the league thinks you didn’t learn your lesson,’’ Griffin said. “It puts you in a tough spot. But you just have to play and try not to worry about it.”

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $9,202
    He went in high and lead with his helmet. HE sucks, if he would have lead with his shoulder and hit in the stomach area he wouldn't have been fined. LOSER
    GoT high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    This is just more evidences for his twitter retorts.

Random Twittererererer: "Hey Griff, you are soft and you suck"

Griffin33: Posts picture of his fine
    GoT high fives this.
  3. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,719
    If I were Griffin, I'd submit game film to prove that any contact is unintentional.
    Big TT, GoT, Bonky and 2 others high five this.
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,303
    Put your shoulder in the dudes chest and he doesn't get up or catch the ball. And no fine, Griffin you're still a poossy
  5. Toly Free your mind

Moolah:
    $77
    Poor Griffin. His life is so complicated.
    Big TT, GoT and JCBRAVE high five this.
  6. SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $2,814
    He can take comfort knowing that he's a " key member " of the first defense in NFL history to give up 30+ points a game in their first five games. Dudes a record setter! What a joke.
  7. ThatTitansGuy Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $151
    he either whiffs or he gets a penalty for 21 grand. you thought he is soft (which he is), well now he is going to be even softer.
  8. ThatTitansGuy Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $151
    also how many FO cocks did griffin have to suck to get resigned a new deal?
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $148
    that not it

'la Vagician' is all the secretaries bestest buddies and stuff. Helps them pick out their coach purses and they all talk bad about their boyfriends.