Rumor Titans rumors re: Munchak, CJ, Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Love it.. Except the Cutler BS..... Realistically it would be a stupid move. Especially if you're going to hire a new head coach. Why not wait until the new coach... New system is in place. Then move on a QB that may fit the system.

But its just rumors.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Personally I'd like the new head coach to be a great QB evaluator and give him all the leeway needed to either keep Locker or sign Cutler or give him the keys needed to draft whichever QB is best.

I don't know who that coach is honestly, but the guy that comes to mind is David Cutcliffe. I'm just unsure if he's NFL head coaching material.

3. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Restructure what? If we cut him, he win have a contract to restructure. I agree that I don't think he truly wants to be here.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

No.. GOD NO. Can we stop with these people that already have ties to TN? I'm sick of this cycle of clowns we keep bringing here just because they are familiar. Cutcliffe is not an NFL head coach, much less an NFL offensive coordinator.

No. NO NO NO NO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I have been a Locker supporter from day 1 and would love for him to get another shot and run with it for the next 10 years, but you CANNOT pick up the option. And if we plan to sign a Cutler, then Jake might have to sit a while for his next opportunity here or elsewhere down the road for that matter.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol what's to "fall in love with"? I get that he's still pretty damn fast but he's just not anything special these days. He's not a complete back. And he has one of the more ridiculous contracts in the league.

Nobody is trading for him. That's just the reality of the situation. We probably could have traded him in previous seasons. But in typical Titan fashion we sat there twiddling our thumbs and let the opportunity pass us by.

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Not disagreeing with you as I dont know how he would translate in NFL, but he just won 10 FOOTBALL games at DUKE. I wouldnt put anything past him. Not saying its a move we should make, but he is far from some clown. I would definitely take him to coach QBs at any level,not that he is leaving a head coaching position to coach QBs in the NFL.

8. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

It's amazing what playing Peyton Manning does for the Titan's profile this week. This team rarely gets a mention and any other week, these rumors wouldn't make it on to Twitter, much less the NFL network.

Locker isn't going anywhere in 2014 - under contract, no trade value. CJ being cut has been a foregone conclusion since the back loaded contract was signed. Cutler is most likely to get franchised in Chicago.

Munchak getting fired before the end of the season? Why not if they are going to let him go at the end of the season? Just like Houston, they really just want to clear the decks to get a jump on the search. Would be the first smart move by the Titans in quite some time.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think if Munch cannot get wins against upcoming Houston and Jags he is gone.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

GM has already said they're not inclined to Franchise Cutler.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...nclined-to-give-jay-cutler-2014-franchise-tag

Can you blame them? No one wants that $20M+ cap hit.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar