Titans Rookies Scaled "the Wall" Successfully

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: According to Coach Jeff Fisher, the rookie wall was four weeks ago and his first-year players have responded well. "They’re taking very good care of themselves and they’re spending the extra time be it in the training room or in the weight room," said Fisher. "We’re emphasizing all those other things and right now we don’t see any symptoms. We’re especially pleased to be able to take advantage of this extra time off and I think that will help them significantly." The rookie wall for a starter in the NFL is nothing more than a metaphor for the fatigue he usually experiences during his first year — normally around Week 9 or 10 — in the pros, where the competition is stronger and the season considerably longer than college.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Goodjob to the rookies this season. I really hope CJ can win the rookie of the year award he deserves it more than anyone without him we wouldn't be 11-1

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think matt ryan would have something to say about that.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ryan has to get it. He has 6 games with a QB rating over 116. That is ridiculous for a rookie.

5. Fry

that's ridiculous for peyton manning and tom brady...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Chris Johnson is #1 right now. He's also more marketable than Ryan. It seems like an easy selection to me. And if you bet on it, you'd be pulling in some big money.

7. Fry

i don't see how chris johnson is more marketable. matt ryan is in a bigger market, plays QB and you can actually understand what he says.

i think the same things that cost edge james money early in his career will cost johnson(gold grill, dreads, accent)

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nobody cares what Ryan has to say. I assure you. Very few players become marketable because of their mouth. Charles Barkley excluded. The look is much more important. But even more important than the look, where CJ has the edge, is that people like electrifying plays on the field. It's all visual. CJ looks a little better than Edgerrin to me, but even more important, CJ looks better on the field. Edgerrin had a lot more going against him, and I will agree, the whole Edgerrin James look hurt him big time. Great player. Terrible on camera. He was hard too look at. I don't get that feeling with CJ. CJ seems to carry himself a little better. Talking is not a strong point, so he will need to rely on his play. Matt Ryan has a boring look right now though. More boring than CJ. He's not Tom Brady. And he's no Flutie on the field. While Chris Johnson has the it factor on the field. Ryan doesn't. Atlanta while big, is a dead market. I mean I look back on who is the last player from Atlanta who was high profile. Maybe it was Dominique Wilkins. Nashville is a poor market too. But I think Chris Johnson is the guy they go with because you can watch him every week and go wow. Matt Ryan doesn't have a wow factor once his rookie season is over. At least he doesn't appear to have it. CJ will. And I do think marketing plays into this. The NFL needs to profile the stars and give them awards, which to this day, is why I think they gave Petyon and McNair a co-mvp. Peyton was who they wanted to win, they just couldn't ignore McNair. CJ should win this in my opinion.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's clearly Matt Ryan at this moment. Any one arguing needs to take the blinders off. After him, CJ MIGHT beat out Forte, but even that's close.

And those Mike Vick, Deion Sanders, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Andruw Jones, David Justice, etc guys were kind of high profile.
    Meanwhile, ask how many guys from TN have been high profile.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Ryan is a lock for OROY.

And he should be seriously considered for MVP. What he's done for that team is simply amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar