Titans robbed by zebras

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

As I do agree that the refs made some questionable calls, I believe that our play calling cause that lost than the refs. The plays that were called in the last 4 min made me wonder if we really know what we are doing! TD pass on a 3rd and short......huh?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agree that crew is turrble. Although the bad calls weren't exclusive to the Titans.

When we were heading into the 4th quarter and the Saints only had 9 points on the board I just KNEW we were going to win. I mean, you cant ask for much better than that from your defense. Then of course they gave up the two late TDs. Ugh. Still, I put the loss on Palmer.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Fine, the refs obviously blew that huge play you're referring to. Wow a whole 5 yard penalty with a 10 second runoff, man that one would have cost you the game, lol. Trust me I'd rater take that ticky tack penalty against us than the murdering of our receivers on the final play or the horrible spot on the sneak. Speaking of which I watched that play a couple more times today and the official that was on the side that could actually see the ball in Lockers hand runs up, as all officials do, along an imaginary line so they don't lose the spot in their heads. The ref tosses him the ball and he actually moves it back about a foot and a half from his line, which he was standing on at the time. Go explain that one to me please.

Do you really think the owners want to deal with another union? Haven't we seen how unions deal with the owners? Trust me, officials will never be full time employees.

4. SaintFan71

SaintFan71 Camp Fodder

The play came when you had 7 seconds left in the game. So the 10 second run-off would have ended the game prior to the final play. Thats the point.

That union issue is entirely possible. But then there has to be something outside of "losing the ability to officiate a playoff game". There is just no "teeth" in that. Its costing wins/losses. At some point the owners of teams that are affected in a negative way week in, week out, will speak up. Because they can. Its a problem. A big one. You cannot tell me that two teams that historically dont get penalized heavily combine for 15 in the first half. I tend to think that the coaching for both teams keep that from happening. Today, for whatever reason, it was the opposite. Very frustrating to watch a game officiated that way.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you keep stating that like its factual

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Good point. Every official is watching alignment issues on a clock play and the all must have missed it right? BTW all of us know the LoS is totally subjective. I still see games where the OT is a yard or two off the LoS and it is not called.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep.

I thought the LTs helmet was next too JS butt a couple of times

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Why didn't Munch challenge the spot on the QB sneak?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he said post game the he was not confident it would change. Blabbed on about so many bodies ect... said he wanted too retain the TO

10. SaintFan71

SaintFan71 Camp Fodder

No its really not "subjective" - thats why there are clear-cut rules. But it was Sunday.

As was the breaking the pocket by Locker. As was the non-TD by Graham.

my point in all of this is that a game such as this should NEVER come down to shoddy officiating. It leaves waaaaay too much to be reasoned with. I'd have a problem with the subjectiveness too if we were on the losing side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar