Titans Ring of Honor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Titans are 10, the franchise is 48. Ten years in Nashville is a big deal... it's been fun.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Must be a foreign thing. These yanks don't understand nostalgia. :brow:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bud's just shooting one more bird at the City of Houston.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Oh, wait til we hit the big 5-0. Bud is just looking for an excuse to celebrate. :nana3: :guitar: :beerbang:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Without Bud Adams the AFC & NFL as a whole might not exhist. Many hate the guy but it's only right that Oilers should be associated with the Titans because it's Bud's legacy as a team owner & league founder.

Even so,until I see Ray Childress' name up there I give him the bird.

6. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Hey TJ, I understand your reluctance to this, I'm an ancient 49's fan who remembers only from the John Brodie (late 50's and on) era. I did not even recall that Y.A. Tittle preceded Brodie.

However, Tittle like the guys we're talking about are part of all of us. They made the game what it is today. Their heroics have placed them in the halls of honor! I don't know all the guys the Oilers want to honor at LP, but growing up I heard of the mighty feats of Blanda, Campbell, and Moon. I think they should be honored to give us a sense of the history and glory of the franchise.

It's sort of like Millard Fillmore. Who was Millard Fillmore? A great lineman? A speedy receiver? A hot shot QB? No, he was the 13th president of the US! You probably don't recall him, but we in California remember him as the president who brought us into the Union, in spite of many who didn't want us because of the possible expansion of slavery to Calif. No, not a hero to you, but he was a President and therefore most of us put him in a special class and give him honor. I think this is similar to the Ring of Honor nine.

:yell2: Let's honor them, they are football's heroes and our heroes!

PS- Titan Jeff your avatar looks just like a guy that used to come to the old San Jose Earthquakes NASL soccer games in the 1970's, who we knew as "Crazy George". He was totally a "wild and crazy guy"! Is that you????? :clown:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One and the same!

;)

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

:ha:

Anyhow, I'm for Oilers players being honoured this way - if there was truly to be separation from the Titans' past as the Oilers, a Cleveland Browns-like agreement should have been put in place, where the city of Houston retained the rights to the Oilers' name, logo, colours and records.
    ...Of course, if that were the case the Texans would have been a new Houston Oilers franchise. That somehow seems wrong to me.

Are the Oakland Raiders a different team from the Los Angeles Raiders? (Unless you're from LA) No, they're the same, relocated. The Titans are still the Oilers, just relocated and repackaged.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Easy to think that way when you are not in Nashville. Team would not have been embraced, the way they are now, had they not changed the name ect...

As it is most fans have zero appreciation for the Oilers history. I dislike the Oilers except when they played pittsburgH.

FWIW I would have been fine with a fresh start record wise. Heck as far as I am concerned EG is the Titans leading rusher, ect... End of the day BA owns team and those record books belong too him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar