Titans Respond to NFLPA Grievance

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have responded to a grievance filed by the NFL Players Association on behalf of quarterback Steve McNair. McNair's agent, Bus Cook, initiated talks with the NFLPA after the team barred McNair from Baptist Sports Park on April 3. The Titans have liability concerns because of McNair' $23.46 million salary cap number and $9 million base salary. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Titans would be responsible in the event McNair is injured on team property. The Titans are willing to pay McNair the $110 per day (which is what players are paid to attend offseason workouts) if he works out at D1 Sports Fitness in Franklin. A hearing on the filed grievance, which could be scheduled several weeks or months from now, could be held within 10 days.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And to think a poor boy like me has to pay to work out at a lesser facility.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I might get by the gym more too.

4. damn i wish i got paid to workout, i do it every other day on my own, id be able to get so much stuff that my parents wont let me get

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

at least it's a step in the right direction....? Right?

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Mcnair is gone, this is a formality. An attempt to neuter the grievance.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm still not sure he is completely gone. I wonder if Steve would consider renegotiating his terms like he intimated earlier if we wind up taking Young.

8. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I still think what happens to McNair depends entirely on the draft. Who we draft will determine what we are willing to do with Steve. If its Leinhart he will probably be released if its Young or Cutler the Titans will do everything they can to keep him 2 or 3 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar