Titans Respond to McNair Grievance Ruling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EZpickin, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Why not just dump Mauck instead? Unless you think Volek has significant trade value? I don't think Billy is costing us much compared to his value.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the best thing for several parties is (in the event Steve leaves) for Billy to go into the season as the starter (getting the majority of reps with the 1st team unit throughout camps / pre-season) and showing some good reel for 10 weeks or so

then Billy's value should go back ... possibly back to where it was at the end of his '04 campaign (wishful thinking ... I know)

Billy wants to be a starting QB in this league, so I believe he'll be on somewhat of a mission this season to get out there and be productive at a level that will benefit his future

its a win-win situation - the obvious disadvantage is the absence of Steve

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Even with Mc at the helm, I still don't think we'll be a contender
    I have faith that Billy can come in and lead this team; hopefully '04 style

Billy's value is somewhat low right now
    just getting a few more starts under his belt and some exposure should put him back on the radar

4. ya, hes gonna have to do good for us this year to stay our starter if he is it at the beginning of the year

5. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Stay Steve Stay! Just one more year buddy!
    Show the organization what they would have missed!

6. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Maybe you're right, but it could be the difference of a 7-9 or 8-8, 9-7 year to a 3, 4, maybe 5 win season without Steve and William Volek at the helm!

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McNair is not going to stay. And no, I don't see there being that much difference in wins with Mac instead of Volek. Mac is strickly a pocket passer now with little mobility and typically will miss practices and games with injury. Realistically Mac is not that much of an upgrade.
    Mac wants to be released ASAP and probabally doesn't think the Titans will want him working out so they will release him soon. However, if I'm the Titans I call his bluff, open the doors (he will not show up anyway) and drag this thing out as long as possible. Mac will lose if he hurts himself working out as will the Titans and I don't see Mac hanging out at the facility after what has transpired.

8. Perhaps Volek does see this year as a year toprove to other teams that he can be a starting QB, if he's sure that the future of the Titans is Young, which looks like it will be.

I think Bud isn't looking at a win now situation just yet!

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Volek will do fine this year. Both parties have to be loyal to each other, neither were.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It's time to put the eggs in Volek's basket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar