Titans ReSign Rod Hood

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think we should grab Javier Arenas with our 1st 3rd round pick if he is available. He is short but stocky (5'9, 195) a great tackler and fits real nicely in our scheme as a back up CB and NB or potential starter and is a great punt returner which is still one of our biggest needs.

IMO fans are getting over excited about the Hood signing. It really changes nothing IMO. We still need an upgrade at CB and someone who can upgrade our STs. Drafting a guy like Javier Arenas eliminates the need for Hood who really isn't going to be better than McCourty or Mouton and adds nothing to STs.

Arenas is ranked around the 90th best player but we would be stupid to wait and hope he makes it to our comp 3rd. Take him at our 1st 3rd. Assuming we go DE in the 1st we will have sealed the deal on a couple of positions of need including PR.

2. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

I doubt he can start next year for the Titans..

3. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Doesn't have to. Hood will start. Given a full off season to work in the D he will be 10x better.

4. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

I know that, Sox was sayin that drafting him would eleminate the need for Hood, which is crazy.

5. kstone

kstone Starter

Good signing. I think he played well in the games that he played in. Never understood why some games he was not on the active roster when he was playing better then some of the players that were on the active roster.

6. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

He was injured for like a month.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If they brought Hood back for another run, Harper must be on his way back too. How could he start over Hood every chance the argument came up, and not end up a Titan in 2010? I think Hood coming back means Harper is back also. Damn it!

8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

rod hood = CHAMPiONSHIP

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

For the team's sake, I hope you're wrong JC. I will puke if Harper is re-signed.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I threw up in my mouth when I came up with that theory. I'd like to be wrong too, but logically it does make some sense in Jeff Fisher's mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar