Titans Resign OL Byron Bell for 1yr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Barnybyrd, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I mean you can't just take every player from Tennessee and try to make a team out of Tennessee natives. What Murray has to do with that is beyond me....

2. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And I'm tired of our franchise QB getting sacked and injured. Have to protect the franchise. Don't want him to be David Carr 2.0.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Depends on what scout you are reading, I saw one or two that had Bell as the second or third best free agent Tackle, above Okung and Schwartz.

What I don't understand why people are crapping on the guy now. He was a decent player for us last year. There was not one player in this FA class that would have been a significant upgrade.

Andre Smith was regularly one of the lowest rated tackles in every list I saw.

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Nobody is saying take every player from Tennessee. It's Jalen Ramsey, the pound for pound best overall player in this years draft, who just so happens to be from an area right around the location of the team.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Jalen just so happens to be from Tennessee, great. If he was from Indiana would it still matter, no. You take who you think is best people using the fact that he's from Tenessee is irrelevant. It's a cool additional story if we take him but that's really it.

My response was too a different post anyway. Plus the whole doing things the Titans way is more of a bad thing in my mind. We've been a terrible franchise for the a decade give or take some years. We should probably find a different way. Which it seems as though Robinson is doing so far so good on him, hopefully it transfers to the field.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would love to see the article stating Bell being better than Okung or Schwartz.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I said Right Tackles. Yes, the list gets longer as you lump all tackles together, but purely on what their specific position is, Andre Smith was highly regarded as the best available FA RT behind Schwartz.

8. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

ESPN had Bell and Schwartz with the same grade, and a higher grade than Okung. I would not have said it if I had not seen it.

ESPN also had Andre Smith as one of the lowest tackles available.

#78 Greenlawler, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  9. JBC

JBC Starter

Please post the link. The only rankings I found had Okung ranked #2 over all. Smith was ranked #7, Penn #8, and Beachum #9. Bell wasn't mentioned at all. That was seven days ago.

#79 JBC, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar