Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

"we also trust that if he is called upon to win games, he certainly can do that"

"Certainly"...I think that is a bad choice of wording. They should have said "might be able to" or "hopefully".

He "certainly" didn't win **** last season.

2. Morph

Morph Revolution

It's pretty bad when you can actually feel the hope draining out of you when your back-up QB steps onto the field. For instance, when Collins had to step in on the game against Jacksonville (I think it was) on 12/17/06, when Young took a blow to the ankle; Collins looked like a deer in headlights (as usual). Now, you would think with it being the 3rd to last game of the regular season he would have learned the offense a bit better and have been more prepared for a situation such as that one. Fortunately Vince was only out for a few plays.

Sure he has some good veteran stats, but he lacks the drive and will to win like many QB's have around the league (not JUST VY). I hope the Kerry Collins fans out there are right and he proves to be a worthy back-up next year, but I just don't see it happening. I'm not counting on seeing him a lot anyway though. We'll just have to wait see how things play out.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well hopefully he won't be needed.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No hope, no future..

Kerry collins gives us nothing aside from knowing the playbook. He's a giant turd standing erect on the sidelines waiting for an opportunity to lose us a ball game.

Thanks jeff fisher for letting the nightmare continue..

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Titans resign Kerry Collins

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Since you're talking about the San Diego game, here's a quote from Collins after it: "There's nothing wrong with the system," Collins said. "What's wrong is when your quarterback played like (I) did today."

Although, I'd like to correct one thing, in his seven drives against SD, Collins did get a first down, three in fact, two of which were on a single drive that ended with an INT, but he also didn't get any further than the SD 45

I'd also like to point out that Vince had four drives and got one TD and had a drive end on 1st and goal from the three at the end of the game (the other two drives ended on punts

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Stop being so diplomatic Roll and let us know how you really feel. :ha:

8. I'm all for this. He's a proven veteran who can start in a pinch (assuming he actually knows the playbook this time). And he apparently worked well with Vince last year....

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This confirms it. Our front office is full of freakin IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hold out any hope for this season, cuz there are limits on what one running qb all by himself can do. Henry's gone too. Lendale is NOT "the one".

Out of all of our free agents. This LOSER is who we sign???

OMG...Fisher is a glistening beakon of eternal stupidity.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The most horrifying sight as a Titan fan is seeing Kerry Collins warm up on the sidelines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar