Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Thats only because we let him play...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No he actually wasn't the reason. He was put in a hard place being signed the week before the season started and you actually expect him to preform.

That's a joke.

It's a good signing as a #2. VY was happy with him last season.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Exactly. Collins certainly sucked last year, but Im not sure how that couldnt be expected when he was only brought in a week before the season. I think he is a quality backup at this point.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

I figure if Young started those games the Titans would have won at least 1 or 2 of them and made the playoffs. But Collins started those games, thats why I consider him the reason they missed the playoffs. True..he only had a week to get ready but that doesn't make him any less of the reason..it only gives him a lame excuse

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher is then to blame since he started Collins.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That would be a coaching mistake then.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The Kerry Collins Battle cry.

Also dg1979us, You mentioned Collins and his fabulous 2004 season. A season filled with chants of "Collins Sucks". Plus he was cut for A Brooks. So we basically picked up the Faiders leftovers.

How about George, they picked him up and he has experience. :suspect:

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Good to see the Titans picking up the pace in the FA race.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

HIs #s in 04 werent bad, but there is certainly more to it than #s. But regardless, if he was coming in to be the starter, I would agree with you. But your backup QB is not going to be a pro bowler, and I see no body out there that I would prefer over Collins. I think he is a guy than can be ok coming off the bench, which again, is basically what you want out of your back up. If there is anybody out there that is going to come in and win every game, they would be starting somewhere.

10. Morph

Morph Revolution

I personally think resigning Collins is a VERY bad move. Yeah, yeah..he only had a week to 'get to know' the system, but he's bounced around to so many teams you'd think he would be used to that by now. Maybe that's why he kept throwing to the other team last year...forgot what team he was currently playing for. Like I said in another post, the only thing he's interested in is getting a front row seat on the bench and getting paid for it. I would rather see ANYONE behind Young in the line-up. Hey, doesn't McNair have a son? I'm sure he could do a better job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar