Titans Resign Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think people overestimate the influence a veteran quarterback has on the rookies. The important thing is to have a good QB coach and O-coordinator.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young gets coaching, watches film, etc. on how to set his feet, go through progressions, etc. in the pocket but Collins is an excellent example of how it's done and has to be a positive influence in a number of ways just by watching him work.

I'll be interested what a full training camp with Collins around does.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

:werd:

People said the same crap about NOD. Collins is solid, still has some gas in the tank, and signed for cheap to be the #2. Besides, he IS here, and it doesn't matter what any of us want. It's what the FO and Fish put in the uniform. So how's about "root, root, root for the hometeam..." regardless.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah watching him collapse like a rag doll is a positive influence:ha:

5. Well, it may help business for the neighborhood bars...

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

come one Gunny..
    every game the Titans lost with VY was one that KFC whispered in VY's ear...

every game that VY won as a starter was one that KFC forgot he could talk...

get with the program man...

:sarcasm:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:scared:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm sure the infamous drunken, no legs, racist Kerry Collins is going to help Vince young.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Collins a good influence?

Sure gunny, VY should give kerry 10% of his salary and his ROY trouphy for all the help he gave him.

The best thing collins did for vince was to suck so bad that even stubborn thick headed jeff fisher was willing to make a change and believe me i am very appreciative of collins allowing vince to play. That was very white of him..

By the way 28 year old patrick ramsey is still a free agent. I guess they considered him too young and inexperienced to be our backup.. :rolleyes:

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Washington and Steve Spurrier's offense screwed him up for any real use as an NFL QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar