Titans release Taylor Thompson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Great size for a TE, but just lacked the ability to make it with us.

I swear I would hold my breath every time we threw it his way. Then again, most of our games have been meaningless as of late, so I didn't hold my breath too long and deep when his number was called.

I'm sure a team will pick him up, then quickly release him within a matter of a week.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I only cared enough to make it to the second page of comments.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Remember when so many argued with me about this being a good draft pick?

Knew he'd never contribute. Picks like this make me wonder what qualifications it requires to be an NFL scout.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

what round did we pick him in????? dude was a great special teams and blocker, and i guarantee hell prove worthy of being a late pick wherever he goes.

he got in whizs dog house, no one gets out of that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude isn't coordinated enough to walk and chew gum at the same time.

He was embarrassing to watch on the field.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

7. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

I think he lied about getting hurt to take care of some personal business instead. They can't cut a hurt player and there has been zero barking that they did. NFLPA would be all over that.
    I liked him as depth. It's nice to have a position with improvement. He will be a loss on ST but they should have tons of time to fill that.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

And people shot down the thought of drafting a TE this year, saying that we were set at that position. Personally, I was sure we would draft one, hope this doesn't come back to bite us.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

TEs sucked this year -- drafted a good FB instead and he is the guy taking Thompson's roster spot.

#59 The Hammer, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

They signed Fasano, Stevens and Dickerson returned from injury. They signed Supernaw! probably just for his name and how fun it'd be to cheer for that. Westbrook was not a good TE and is their UDFA camp body.
    No drafted TE was going to get any time over Walker nor was one a better blocker than Stevens. Fasano is slower each year, but hopefully he can backup just fine.
    Dickerson is hurt again and his career is probably over. He was a project since he entered the league and has been slot WR, TE, and FB. At WR they have Clyde Gates way down the depth chart. I always thought he was a terrible project idea. He's got some breakaway ability and speed but plays the game so slow. The Jets had him play their slot WR/TE spot for a week or two and he actually looked pretty decent but that was it. He hasn't looked good since.
    Where would a drafted TE fit in?
    Ignoring Battle and running many single back sets last year was frustrating to me but they signed two of the top five FBs so I was pleased with that. I don't think most people realize how good Neighbors is. Fowler is more athlete more of a fancy type FB while Neighbors is more traditional type brute. NFL teams don't usually draft FBs. It was pretty sweet to get a top one after the draft.
    Thompson was more of an Hback than TE. As they utilize this F position wrinkle to their offense, he might have been phased out more anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar