Titans release returner Mark Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eds clothing, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Carr left because he wanted a chance to be a cb. Remember he said he will take less money but he wants to be more and apparently he feels baltimore is the place.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I know, but I guarantee if the Titans gave him the money he wanted, he would've stayed. This year, looks like he would've had a better chance of playing CB here than Baltimore.
    He wanted to stay a Titan.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah I didn't think too much of Carr as a DB, but we are definitely missing his consistency in the return game. I say that now, but hopefully we'll pick somebody up after the cuts who can make us forget about Carr altogether.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

lol don't you get it? It's not that we didn't pay him enough, it's the fact that he wanted to be more than a return man. He figured he wouldn't get a shot a cb here so he left. Sucks for him because he was a decent backup. Which is what we need. It wasn't the titans fault.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe we're about to bring PacMan back :duckrun:

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Not trying to pick a fight here but did you see the Jets game last year? Probably the worst performance from a Titans CB EVER! Obviously the Titans brass didn't trust him on the field cause 2.5M per year for an above average corner/return man is chump change.

Just saying....

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

so many guys getting cut, we should be able to find someone soon from another team.

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Also, does anyone here actually realize Jones PUNT return numbers were better than Carr's last year?

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

as a CB carr is pure doodoo.. cris "i play 10 yards off my receiver every play" carr

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Pacman would be a good returner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar