Titans release receiver Mike Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Wow he must have really sucked.

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

It only took Mike Williams two years to be dropped from Detroit. If you're a first round pick that gets cut by Detroit after two years, you must be trash.

He was always a long shot, and it's just what you expected. He wasn't getting it done, just like always; "I just wasn't seeing the production, and when you get in a situation where you don't see the production, and you've got a young group of receivers that are emerging, I just felt like it was in our best interests to let him go at this point," coach Jeff Fisher said. "Maybe Mike can hook on some place else."

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That was my point all along and then he didn't last even 1 season with the raiders.

The WRs of the future for this franchise are paul williams, chris davis1, ealy and hawkins. He had to beat out one of the first 3 and couldn't make it to the first cut.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The next 2 significant cuts will be Chris Davis and Chris Davis.

5. hah true...this could mean a lot of things but in context it probably bad nor very good

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Doesn't look good for chris davis 1 or 2. Paul williams has the edge and i think we will keep 7 wrs. The fact chris davis 1 can return punts won't save him because we have other guys to do it. The only hope for him seems to be roydell's foot and the hope he won't be ready to play. Roydell seems like he will be fine..

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Ealy is a done deal. He's dropped off a bit lately.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We do have the option of putting any 1st or 2nd year guy on the practice quad. Ealy and chris davis1 are prime candidates.

I noticed roydell is playing so well dinger had to come up with an excuse why; saying he has fresh legs for not being in camp the whole time. Could it be that the cream is just coming to the top? Roydell played well for us last year he might be even better this year.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think Ealy will stay with the Titans if he's on PS.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isn't there a game limit for Practise Squad too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar