Breaking News Titans release QB Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

This move is for the best. Really respected him as a player and person.

This probably paves the way for Fitz, and it also paves the way for a competitive QB fight (That's if we sign Fitz).

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Stan

Stan Infinite

This organization is finally getting rowdy and making moves! It's amazing how much more interested I am as a fan when I see the FO being so proactive.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I dont understand the hate for the guy....he came in here and worked well with Locker, did not have a chip on his shoulder about the situation. Has been very classy throughout the whole deal. Was not necessarily surprised that he did not tear it up, but I thought he served the role well.

I wish him well and thank him for mentoring Jake and being a classy part of the Titans. Gosh knows we have had our share of the opposite.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Whoever hates on Hasselback is a moron. Period. I wish every player had the class he has.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Did we just clear cap space to sign a certain DE?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Dumervil time!

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He is a decent backup.. Worth 1 million max at this point... no upside there.. Been there, done that, lost a lot.

He must have not wanted to go low enough. I'm frankly happy about it. We need someone to inspire hope for the future, not for 2005.

He was already quoted saying he understands the situation. He's not a crybaby. I can appreciate that, but he is not someone you want on the field as your QB.

And to Rusty..... NO. He should have been cut a few years ago. If it came down to Dumervil or Fitzpatrick.. I'd say Dumervil.. but RS does not belong on an NFL field.

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Lets keep Rusty as 2 and use the money for Dumervil!

9. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

It would be awesome if that's the case, but I think its more likely to sign a cheaper back-up. I think Doom ends up back with the broncos, unfortunately.

And to those here hating on Hasselbeck, you all suck. The guy came in and did what we asked of him and never complained even when relegated to a back-up role. He was a total professional in all that he did with the team and the community.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Is that Lil Wayne wearing a Titans jersey in your pic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar