Titans Release OT David Stewart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Sorry to see Big Country go, but he was average when he was able to take the field so I wish you well and good hunting

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

That and not having david stewart starting at right tackle anymore. Win win

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

From a cap standpoint one of the best moves we could make in the draft is to take an OT in the first rnd. Any early 1st rnd OT should be able to handle the RT position. Thus you have a day 1 starter at RT this yr. So you replace Stewart's 6mil contract with a 2mil cap hit from the #11 pick. Then the next yr you replace Roos's 6mil dollar cap hit with the 2.5mil cap hit from the draftee.

I'm not saying to reach for an OT this yr. but if an OT is BPA then it would be hard to pass him up from a team building/cap management standpoint. Not a sexy pick for sure, but could be a smart one.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I just don't see an OT outside of Matthews and Robinson who I like more than Matthews being BPA. They will likely be gone but crazier things have happened. If we are really going to take a T it better not be Lewan and we should trade back should the two I named be taken.

5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I don't want Oher because I don't want that ***** Sean Tuohy Jr. anywhere near Nashville. Keep his ass in Memphis and Baltimore. Ole fake ass wanna be celeb.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Do explain...

I don't want Oher simply because he's not very good. Most of us recognized this in the draft. That story certainly helped his stock.

Patrick Willis has virtually the same story as Oher and is actually an elite player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Hate to break it to you but CJ won't be cut anytime soon.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I did however thoroughly enjoy when Whisenhunt was naming the Titans weapons and he left out Chris Johnson's name. He's gone, but youre right, not just yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

He held out to get his big contract...let the Titans hold out before they cut him, not like anyone is going to trade anything for him

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Really, where'd you see that? I think it's hilarious. CJ held out and has declined since. He's paid to be a playmaker and then blames his teammates for lack of production, that's not being a team player. I'd like to get something back for him but if we're going to cut him, I see no reason to do him any favours. He screwed us so screw him at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar