Titans Release K Rob Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2014.

1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Are you calling Dexter McCluster, Al Woods, Charlie Whitehurst, Wesley Woodyard and Michael Oher "AVERAGE BUMS"?
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Average Joe's more like it
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanfan12

Titanfan12 Practice Squad

We all knew this was comeing, Just makes me curious of why the **** we didnt sign verner
  4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I don't think verner wanted to stay. Not sure why , but just seemed like he wanted gone.
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I'd rather make more money and live by the beach as well. That would be good enough reason. He wasn't from Nashville.. Had no ties here, except for football. I'd go live on nice beaches, and get paid better, if given the choice.
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

Don't forget extensions for Casey and Wright soon. Also, 7 million for rookies. After next season, we will have a better understanding of what we need. We can spend it next year.
  7. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

i'll miss his bironASS
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Everyone who keeps lamenting over Verner needs to realize something. We most likely didn't lose him over a difference of a couple million total bucks. I think we easily could've matched the contract he received in Tampa. So this tells me one of two things was going on. Either we really didn't want him here or he didn't want to be here. I strongly suspect the former. I think it's pretty likely that Whis/Horton simply did not see him as the greatest fit for the scheme we're going to run.

Verner was my favorite player on the team (slim pickins though). But I'm not really all that upset about losing him. We Titan fans who watch every game know he's partially fool's gold. He has those occasional flashy plays and he's a very smart player. But he's not the most physically gifted guy around and doesn't have the ideal speed you'd like out of a CB. I'm a fan, but the dude is not a legit #1 corner IMO. That said, he's a great fit in Tampa.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. 520

520 Starter

I think this definitely points to where we goin at number 11 though
  10. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

I'd be very happy if we choose him