Titans Release K Rob Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LOL You poor thing.

We cut Rob because even from the 35-yard line he's not booting balls back often enough. Only 1/3 of his kicks are touch backs, thats pretty lousy.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We haven't signed a single FA over 28 years old. Who are these 30 year old bums you speak of?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

i'll never forget the 60 yarder to win the game against the colts

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We have not cut Wimbley. The point of cutting Stewart is that he is not longer any good This is not the Marxist Football League. You do not pay players just because you have money. And you do not need to spend money just because you have it. Spend smart.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I doubt we extend anyone right now, we're a team in transition, not the time to hand out money considering we have no idea how well those 2 will do under the new regime.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Completely joking. Just wanted to see the reactions. While reading i remembered that Johnnys number is 2. I have no problem with the move

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We're overpaying Wimbley, so by your logic we should cut him too just because it's not smart money. But in reality, it is smart money to overpay Wimbley if we have no one else to play the position at his level.

Now we may as well keep CJ and Kam.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Ah man this one stings although I know it's the right move! Definitely one of the best kickers in NFL history. His accuracy % proves that.

It's clear he's been on a decline though, must of us had been saying that the last 2 years. 36% touchback is lousy and he's been in the 20s of accuracy among kickers the last 2 years also.

He's going to be hard to replace though. Can't always get lucky the way we did with him. We'll look to camp invites and pick the best of a competitive bunch.

It saves the $ but we're unlikely to spend it anyways. Should keep us in good position down the line to keep guys like Casey, Brown, Morgan, Wright & Ayers.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Actually, I would cut Wimbley :)

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This move makes me think we will keep checking another year..There just aren't a ton of players out there worth big contracts so our team really cannot get better in 2014 by cutting him and spending that money on average bums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar