Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Release K Rob Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
  1. NcTitans_fan Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $93
    really wish he could have passed del Greco for most points scored...I rather have him #1 then Greco ...I just cant ever forgive him....

but maybe this was so that bironas doesn't go out like del Greco and people will remember all the good times
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  2. Arcane One Day...

McNair
    Moolah:
    $34
    Bironas was a GREAT kicker, but I could see he was getting old in the tooth and not as reliable as he once was. It was time for him to go.

I just hope we can find Bironas 2.0. Hopefully we never need to make 8 field goals in one game again though.
    Tungtide high fives this.
  3. 615nick Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $321
    I wonder if he wouldn't restructer, I would have liked to keep him. But for a bout 1m
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,955
    A restructure would have required an extension, right? He only had one year left on the deal. Him taking less money on a one-year deal would be a straight up pay cut.
  5. Tungtide The Freak

Moolah:
    $70
    I was thinking something similar. It's nice to have someone with that ability, but you have to really wonder about the rest of your offense if it takes 8 fgs to keep you in a game.
  6. Passepartout Loving Life!

Battle
    Moolah:
    $234
    Good luck to Rob. And wish him the best wherever he lands! But yeah, it is time to move on!
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  7. Fairweather Fan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $2,386
    Myrtle Beach is full of them...
  8. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    I personally wanted to give him one more year and only one more year. I didn't see this coming at all.

This is a position that really needs full fledged attention.
  9. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    I don't suspect he'll be out of work long.
  10. Mitch86 Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $285
    Good move if we can find a younger option with more leg. Accuracy wasn't a concern but it did seem he was lacking power last year. Don't know the stats, but seemed like he couldn't get it deep enough for a touchback on a lot of occasions. Let's just hope we get a kicker that's capable of clutch kicks.