Titans Release K Rob Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2014.

1. NcTitans_fan

NcTitans_fan Starter

really wish he could have passed del Greco for most points scored...I rather have him #1 then Greco ...I just cant ever forgive him....

but maybe this was so that bironas doesn't go out like del Greco and people will remember all the good times
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Bironas was a GREAT kicker, but I could see he was getting old in the tooth and not as reliable as he once was. It was time for him to go.

I just hope we can find Bironas 2.0. Hopefully we never need to make 8 field goals in one game again though.
  3. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

I wonder if he wouldn't restructer, I would have liked to keep him. But for a bout 1m
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

A restructure would have required an extension, right? He only had one year left on the deal. Him taking less money on a one-year deal would be a straight up pay cut.
  5. Tungtide

Tungtide The Freak

I was thinking something similar. It's nice to have someone with that ability, but you have to really wonder about the rest of your offense if it takes 8 fgs to keep you in a game.
  6. Passepartout

Passepartout Can't wait for NFL Season!

Good luck to Rob. And wish him the best wherever he lands! But yeah, it is time to move on!
  7. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Starter

Myrtle Beach is full of them...
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I personally wanted to give him one more year and only one more year. I didn't see this coming at all.

This is a position that really needs full fledged attention.
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't suspect he'll be out of work long.
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Starter

Good move if we can find a younger option with more leg. Accuracy wasn't a concern but it did seem he was lacking power last year. Don't know the stats, but seemed like he couldn't get it deep enough for a touchback on a lot of occasions. Let's just hope we get a kicker that's capable of clutch kicks.