Titans Release K Rob Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Steve Smith doesn't have to swim. The water parts ways for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't necessarily think he was declining that bad, but he was clearly declining. I think he probably still has a little bit left in the tank. But I trust the coaches decision on this and if he is just about done then this seems like a pretty good time to make a move (new regime and all).

I liked Bironas too and a part of me does hate to see him go. But another part of me realizes he's declining and is anxious for all the new blood we can get.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Bout time. Plus he married a Bradshaw... the writing was on the wall when that happened, at least in my eyes.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

WELL THERE GOES OUR BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON!

In all seriousness though, you're better off cutting ties a year early than a year late.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

knew he was not what he once was, but still surprised by this

Oh well

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe pff says he is still good

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That I can agree with. There's a good change we'd be wanting to get rid of Bironas once he misses a few kicks. But we'll never truly know, unless he goes on to be great somewhere else.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Not sure where I saw this or how true it is, but there was a quote from Webster about Verner that said we were right on Verner but the timing and circumstances weren't. That led to the speculation that the Titans said he was worth about $6 mil and Verner's agent didn't think so, but it turned out they were right. So I guess Verner decided to go somewhere else instead of coming back here where he felt undervalued, but it was actually right on track.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So.....

has anyone scouted the kickers in the draft this year? :rimshot:

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

It was time. If it wasn't for Munch, he would have been cut in last preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar