Titans release Jason McCourty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Little disappointed only because he's been one of the long tenured Titans. Not that he was particularly good, but because he'd been here awhile.

That said, cost out weighed performance.

Timing does seem a little off. If we were going to cut him, kind of wish they would have given him a chance on the FA market while teams were competitively going after players.
    I assume this means CB in the first round (5 or 18) but not excited for Ryan, Sims, McCain and Reed as the current CB list.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Agreed. At least not before the draft.

Maybe he knew his playing time was on line and asked for it himself? Give himself a chance to try something different before probably hanging the cleats up next year. Watch the Patriots sign him.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

It's so gay how they have a joint account

• LOL LOL x 5
  4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Yea but who cares if you're not going to use it on anyone and he's gone next year anyways?

I bet the team asked him to restructure.

5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I see reports that they tried to restructure the contract, but could not come to terms with a new deal. So, they released him. Bet McCourty was wanting more years and they didn't want to do that. Weird timing, agree, but none the less. Gotta grab 2 CB in the draft now. A Top 2 round CB then a Round 3-5 CB I would assume.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

because he sucks
    constantly

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Lattimore, Conley or Awuzie in the 1st

Elder, Kazee or Sutton in the 4th

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

LATTIMORE! (f bgsu)

[​IMG]

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

great, more money not to spend on anyone. And less depth at CB.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't get this move. To cut one of our best players at a position that's already thin doesn't make sense. If you know you're going to release him, why not hold onto him for 2 more weeks and see if you can use him as trade bait?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar