Titans release Damien Nash

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

The weight issue kind of makes this comment from his Titans Online profile seem funny...

"The compact, shifty runner possesses excellent balance and good field vision, allowing him to slice through tight rushing lanes"

Hit it while you can!

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

columbiamissourian.com more...

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Weight problem is a joke. I mean an NFL player can lose almost 5 pounds either way every day. So that's just an excuse to unload him. Like someone said, White played his rose bowl overweight, and then everyone says maybe that is his best playing weight. Oh he lost weight. Oh he gained weight. It's all kind of a joke to me. Chris Browns weight gain is ok. But Nash is detrimental. Good or bad weight gain is a joke at this level. 15 pounds is nothing. It would be gone before 2-3 weeks if not less. Maybe 20-30 lbs you say ok I've got a problem because he won't be ready for the season opener. I think he got cut for other reasons.

4. Broken Record

How telling...

"As players make their way to and from the cafeteria for lunch during summer practice, they wear shirts featuring the word TEAM in large print, with a conspicuously smaller ME below it. Nash is gone..."

5. Broken Record

And another from that article...

“People have begun to kind of pick up on the program, accepting it and embracing it,” Simpson said. “We got rid of a few of our problem childs, and it’s pretty much good now. Attitudes have changed around here.”

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Guess that's the punchline. What's the rest of the joke? :lol:

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

for my surpise cuts, change Gardner to Woolfolk...

8. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

The issue here is the attitude not the weight. How can u show up to camp out of shape and overweight, knowing that there are 3 rb´s fighting for the starting spot and 3 more to make the team. :irked:

9. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

It doesn't sound that way?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nash had no chance but....

He could have done some things that would have given other teams a reason to consider him. Showing up 20lbs overweight with poor aerobic conditioning won't impress anyone. What if we end up trading brown after?

For the titans it is a nice message.

The difference between an average paycheck vs the nfl minimum is pretty significant. Even for a college graduate which nash is not. It says a lot about him and none of it good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar