Titans release Damien Nash

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

2. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

$%$! it! I liked Nash, but its good to see that Fisher isn't messing around. The HB spot is mad competitive, and to think that you can show up fat and out of shape and not get cut, (oh, wait, LenDale didn't get cut did he? :brow: ), is ridiculous.

So long Nash, hopefully the Broncos will give you a chance. :ha:

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Nash can't blame it on anyone but himself, I guess he thought being a 5th rounder by us meant at least 2 years on the roster. I never liked him anyway, didn't like how he ran. And he showed how he has bad habits, first coming to camp out of shape, then complaining about it and talking like he is our 1st string RB, and he has never showed me determination. But this isn't a shock.

4. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

White showed up about 20 pounds lighter than he played in the Rose Bowl. I don't call that performance out of shape. ;)

Nash was less than impressive last year and was only kept on the roster because he was a draft pick. It is good to see that kind of stuff isn't gonna fly this year.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

well LenDale is 227, I actually want him to gain 10lbs back- healthy of course

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Release Nash

SUMMARY: The Titans have released second-year RB Damien Nash. He had reported to training camp both overweight, out of shape and was not allowed to participate in team drills. He was listed on the roster at 220 pounds but was supposedly 235 pounds when camp opened. Nash was upset when informed he would not be allowed to practice with the team. "I was mad, man. I came out here to play ball and I can't do it," said Nash, who's been running on the side with conditioning coaches. "How else would you react? You're out here in training camp sitting and running and doing other things besides participating with the team." Nash said he didn't know whether he was overweight, called it a "confusion thing" over the number and predicted he'd be back in "a couple days." Nash was a fifth-round pick in 2005 from the University of Missouri.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

7. I think this was release was coming and to me it was a vital one too, Payton will be happy to hear this.

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Payton may have a spot, possibly. Here are my future big name cuts: Troy Fleming, Bo Schobel, Jared Clauss, Rich Gardner, Donnie Nickey.

And I think we will bring in a vet QB (Vinny Testaverde?) and then move Matt Mauck to practice squad

Practice Squad:
    Matt Mauck
    OJ Small
    Keon Raymond
    Quiton Gaither
    Cody Douglas
    Spencer Toone

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the Long injury will give Clauss a pass.

10. Nash's days were numbered as soon as he reported so far overweight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar