Titans Release Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's the funny part. I bet he would've been better off, financially speaking, to just restructure with us rather than hit the open market at this stage of the offseason. But he burned that bridge by refusing to restructure. This is where his ego comes into play. For whatever reason he just cannot accept the fact that he's not "CJ2K" anymore, and therefore should not be paid as such. I'm going to be surprised if he gets more than 4 million for 2014 from another team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Nuff said.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Time just tells you that the teams with the best RBs win nothing.. teams with the best QBs win Super Bowls. It's a stupid investment to spend a big chunk of the cap on a RB.

I think the NFL is moving in a smart direction. It's a position you can get a lot of production from young, cheap RBs.

Look at the best RBs of the past decade. Let me know if I'm missing any
    Larry Johnson
    Tomlinson
    C Johnson
    Jones Drew
    Peterson
    Shaun Alexander
    Curtis Martin
    Arian Foster
    LeSean McCoy

Not a super bowl win betwixt them, as far as I can tell.

Other good RBs have won SBs, like Barber and Bettis.. but it was hardly on their backs that they got there. Took great QB and Defense performance.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If the concept that an individual's success and wellbeing is not identical that of the group he or she is a part of is just too difficult for you to grasp, then I'm not going to continually argue with you. Because that is a concept being taught in every HS government class in the country.

If you cater to the individual, the group will fail.

If you want what's best for Chris Johnson and not the Titans, you want the team to fail. So yes, rooting for "titans players" makes you "a fake a## fan".

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Man, I read AP is gonna make over $16 mil JUST this season. SOOOO Much for an RB, thats like paying CJ TWICE!!!! But hey, its AP. I bet no RB ever gets that kind of money again in the NFL.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Indeed! I am so happy this dude is gone for many reasons, but first and foremost, to rid them of "Me" guys and crappy attitude/effort. Anyone with 2 legs, some heart, and a brain will come in and do just fine. I think the Titans will go RB in round 2 if a top 2 guy is there, or 4 aftewards, which I am fine with. No need to go crazy early or reach, especially since DMC/Shonn Greene are splitting carries etc.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

What hole? Oh, you mean this little hole left behind by the gaping hole known as cj1yd? Ok, so we can now you a garden shovel to fill the cj1yd hole it takes a land mover to fill.

im worried.

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

You forgot Marshawn Lynch who just won a Super Bowl. He has been awesome for last 4 seasons. And wasnt terrible in Buffalo. Seattles offense work around Lynch. He was the foundation for their success on offense.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I have 2 as well. Wouldn't dream of disposing of them though. Just as I would never dispose of any of my other Titans jerseys. My Titans memorabilia is a source of pride for me as a fan. I do stop wearing them when they're gone, but one of my CJ jerseys will go up on a wall in a frame beside the other past great Titans/Oilers where it belongs imo.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Source? I'm not sure this has actually happened yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar