Titans Release Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

To me this is not a money release.

More so he is a me player, and a cancer to this team.

It makes no sense to re-sign Casey or Wright right now. We need to see how Casey performs in a new system, and Wright has time left on his rookie deal.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think money is a part. But yeah, it's attitude. They have so far kept Wimbley around with a very bloated contract.

If they thought CJ would be a positive contributor, I have no doubt that they would have kept him on, current contract or renegotiated with him. If he gets half of that 8 million next year, he will have done well.

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

If this true, where is my $1K Winnings from the bet we placed back in Feb rather he would be cut or not

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

This saves us 4 million but creates another hole for us lol

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it's part that and part money. If he were only making 2-3 mill next year then it'd be a lot easier to put up with his crappy attitude. But at 8 mill? No way.

7. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, and tings like dat. :cj:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Settle down Sparky. It's not even official yet.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Awkward that a player takes a physical with the team that releases him just hours later, unless there was the remote chances the team wants to keep them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar