Titans rediscover veteran Witherspoon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Just a few weeks after he was inactive for a pair of games, Titans linebacker Will Witherspoon was back in heavy rotation last week.

Witherspoon was in the game for 46 of Tennessee’s 70 defensive plays against Indianapolis. He returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown, made five tackles and totaled two passes defensed.

The Titans gave Witherspoon extensive playing time because middle linebacker Colin McCarthy missed his second straight game with a concussion.

“It’s one of those things that as a member of the team, at any point in time you do what you’re asked,” Witherspoon said. “This week I just happened to be asked more than what has been the last several. Does it always feel great to contribute? Of course, and when you feel like you contribute in a big way, it’s just that much more.”

Witherspoon was inactive for games on Oct. 28 and Nov. 4, and as recently as the Nov. 25 game against Jacksonville, he wasn’t on the field for a single defensive snap.

It’s been an adjustment for Witherspoon, who was a starter at weakside linebacker for three of the first four games this season. The Titans have used rookie Zach Brown extensively there as the season has progressed.

“I’ve been a vet in this game for a long time, and I understand how things work and how situations happen,” Witherspoon said. “If I felt like it was because I couldn’t play the game, I’d feel differently about it. But … I think it’s worked out for us so far.”

Witherspoon said he felt fine this week after the big jump in play over the weekend.

“The body feels good,” Witherspoon said. “Apparently I can still run, so it’s all good.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: AFC South, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

did they really rediscover him or did he finally decide to do the job he was being paid to do....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar