Titans Recievers Up For The "Challenge"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A year later there should be better chemistry between Vince and his receivers - Jones in all likelyhood will be a darn good WR. As for the rest of the guys we'll see.. A burner in the draft would be nice..

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I like B-J and all but I dont know if he could ever turn into a number 1.

Guess we will see.

Hopefully hes the next Ocho Cinco

Ocho Uno

3. well, if u look at the vince highlight vids, most of his passes are to bjones

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Vince Young should do what Donoavan mcnabb did a couple of years ago, host a recievers meeting somewhere away from all the media and the pacman and get a good relationship with his recievers, if they have good chemistry i think we can get at least 1 60 reception guy, and the others will be decent, if not, vince might not get 2000 yards passing this season.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The problem...

What if brandon jones goes down with an injury? What if one of our other guys also goes down and givens isn't able to contribute?

Right now we are relying on jones being that 800 yard guy. Without him what do we have? Last year we had jones and bennett and for a short time givens all at the same time but even then our Wrs didn't tear the league up.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we cant expect them to be a dominant core, we just need 3 solid guys, who are winners, that can get the job done, the job being, giving vince young options, more options then just running the ball.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Our WR's are bringing sexy back.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Yeah, we had those three on the field for three games with Kerry Collins at QB. Seriously tho, how many teams would have a dominating WR corps if their #1 went down? I think just about every team would see a significant dropoff losing their number one reciever, so don't act like it's a problem unique to the Titans.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

You're right. If we can't go into this with a proven #1 reciever, we better have a good rotating staff of 3 or 4 WRs to keep their defense guessing. I would rather start the season with a good healthy PROVEN #1 WR though. That is something we do not have.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

And it is something we will not have this year even if we draft a WR with out 1st rounder. BJones right now is our good, healthy and proven WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar