Titans receive Jared Cook trade request

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And I bet you that had we drafted Rob Gronkowski he wouldn't be a household name. Also, if the Pats drafted Jared, he would probably be a top 3 TE right now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I would be shocked if the Titans traded Cookie. Although, I'm still in shock they don't use him more. I know there were concerns early on in his career with him not learning the offense, or consistently running the wrong routes, but I thought he worked through that. I would be one unhappy Titan fan if we traded Cook

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yep. Basically what I just said. It's 100% true.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The only reason I do not think it gets done is the value is not there for him and he would probably not make an impact for someone else right away.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This is nothing more than Cookie and his representation sending a message. He is looking for a payday. That doesn't happen if he's not on the field putting up numbers. If the Titans win yesterday, this never sees the light of day.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm sure we will trade him to the Colts or Texans for a 2018 7th round pick.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I hope (and think) you're right... and this is a time where I would give into a player's requests. I'd pay him top 5 TE money and not even think twice about it... but we have to start using him more.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Trade deadline moved to Thursday.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think we'll trade him. We have no leverage right now. Teams know he wants out and he's a free agent at the end of the year anyways, nobody is gonna offer better than a 4th or 5th round pick right now.

I know he's a terrible run blocker but 50% of the plays? Come on, he needs to be on the field more.

I hope it's just a negotiation tactic since he wants a payday. Let's use him more, talk extension, show him the $$ signs and get a long-term deal done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar