Titans Ready to Settle QB Question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Most Titans players have pledged their support for Steve McNair while indicating they have faith in Billy Volek as well. Many indicated Monday that they are hoping McNair's fate will be determined soon so all parties can move forward. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said Volek is ready to step in if that is how the situation plays out. "Billy's role right now, he is our most experienced guy and he is the starter. If there comes a point where that ends up being the way we are going to go, Billy will be ready to step in there," Fisher said. "He has no other choice right now other than to do what he has been doing, and that is run the huddle and execute the offense and assume that leadership role that he has so far this offseason. If for some reason it works out where Steve is not going to be here, then Billy is going to get himself ready to play, but that is a hypothetical situation, and I'll deal with that when we are able to be certain about which direction we're going."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Billy better step up to keep his rep up!!!!

WORD!!!!!!!!!

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Translation: "We still don't know what the hell is going on."

4. i hope that this gets resolved so that we know what we are going into the season with from the get go

5. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Young will start by 10-01 against the Cowboys.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well put. :ha:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Or sooner IMO. Unless Volek is really lighting it up and staying healthy I could see VY playing early. VY will do his best, working his butt off to learn the system ASAP.

8. smili

smili Starter

I hope this situation doesn't sour Bulluck on the team. I'm thinking the McNair situation is why Bullock protested some of the offseason workouts. (spelling corrected on Bulluck)

9. who is Bullock? :rolleyes:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

bizarro world Bulluck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar