Titans Re-Sign Lavelle Hawkins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The difference between our contract with KFC and the Colts' is that we paid him the entire $15mil. The Colts paid him $4mil.

Hope was worth the money. Key word: 'was'. We could've saved $6mil by releasing him before the season.

CJ can be argued either way, but I didn't view him as a guy worth $30mil guaranteed. He's already lost a substantial amount of speed.

$1mil isn't overpaying for Stevens, but if he stays past 2012 we will be overpaying him.

Bo Scaife was always useless and has to be the worst player to ever be franchise tagged.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Didn't we find out the real numbers on that Craig Stevens deal and suddenly it didn't look nearly as bad? Someone must remember.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Apparently I missed that.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

for some reason... i dont much care for this signing.... we should really be focused on finny... not hawkins..
    not a huge fan of hawkins either.... he only had 1 TD and he was so wide open, that Hass had no choice but to throw it to him..
    you know who else on our team that has a TD catch for the season? Avery -.-

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who exactly would we have signed with that $6 million? He was going to be in camp to battle Babs, cutting him right before the season started would have been to save Bud some money, that's it.

I get the idea that he was over-payed, but it didn't hurt us.

7. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

Danieal Manning, Dawan Landry, etc. There were a few players that could have benefited the team that were available in free agency last year. And not just safeties. We could have taken that $6+ million and easily used it to upgrade a number of positions. We could have done fine with Babineaux starting from day one. That's essentially what we saw anyway. No one in their right mind thought that Chris Hope was worth over $6 million before last year began. He was one of the highest paid safeties in the league last year. Most were expecting him to be released or at least restructure. The FO was doing him a favor, a huge favor.

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Agreed. If we weren't stuck with VY it never would've happened though, he was VY's security blanket at that time. VY sucks.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Wow, I had completely forgotten that Bo Scaife exists.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar