Titans Re-Sign Lavelle Hawkins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All of our WR's except Mariani stepped up in major ways. Because of Kenny's injury, all our guys were forced to develop. Kenny shredding his knee apart may actually have been a good thing in a messed up kind of way.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Avery should be re-signed for the vet's minimum also.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hawkins is depth, probably the #4 or 5 WR. Meachum probably doesn't want that kind of role.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I agree completely and it was great to see everyone finally step up however, my point was what happens if/when Britt goes down again?

I think we can all honestly agree that with Britt we would have been a different team this year. So with that mind set, I'd love to get another promising WR that can do Britt's job.

5. JCBRAVE

If Britt goes down again (sigh), we'll be ready because of the growth all our WR's and TE's made this past year.

Coming in to this year Nate was the only guy with real experience, but now they're all seasoned vets.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If Britt gets hurt again I will destroy his other knee personally.. toughen him up a bit.

7. JCBRAVE

Please do, that way we'll never again get screwed by his legs.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

How do Britt and Meachum get brought up in this thread?

Hawkins will be lucky to see the slot regularly in a game. This was a good depth signing and he played well last year.

On top of that, he will probably be a camp body as well. Just because he is signed, does not mean he is safe.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Almost every team in the league would be in trouble if its #1 WR went down. If you guys are hoping for the Titans to invest so heavily in the WR position that they are covered in case of another Britt injury, that means you are willing to let the Titans not upgrade another need area (like defense or the OL). There has to be some give and take.

Besides, conventional wisdom in football is that WR is the absolute last position you add when making a run at the Super Bowl. First, you get a franchise QB, protect him behind a solid line and then build a defense. The Titans will probably invest another high pick at WR in the next year or two (when Locker is starting and ready to start winning in the playoffs), but it won't be this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I bet we're paying him $2mil a year which is $1.5mil too much.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar