Titans RB Situation Uncertain for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

And the comment about Jamal Lewis isn't fair at all. You talk about CB not being a bad back by citing the year he had before this one. What about Lewis ? All he did was gain 2000 yards. Ex-con ? Please. That was something he did like seven years ago. He owned up to it and did his time. He will probably come with a cheap price tag, making him well worth the small risk. Worst case scenario, he is an excellent short yardage back. Best case scenario he makes another couple pro bowls.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2008 without a clue..

Leon washington a brown clone? Brown is 6'3, washington 5'8-5'9 depending on what site you are on. A 5'8 back runs too high? All i did was list his name as a possible 4th rd pick anyway.

All i said about lewis is that he is an ex-con coming off a horrible year. What about that is not true and what about that would bother you so much? Are you also a former con from a drug rap? Why the emotional response? I'm a joke because i said something absolutely true about someone? I think you have the problem.

Lewis might have some pro bowls left in him but you have rocks in your head if you think his past doesn't count. I guarentee that is issue number one for the titans or any team that considers signing him. Also many raven fans will tell you that they think lewis quit this year after a slow start. Most raven fans will tell you his effort this year was not 100%. The 2000 yard season seems like a distant memory now and in the last 2 years lewis has not even rushed for as much yardage as in 2003.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all Lewis is not going to have a cheap price tag. If he did come cheap enough I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans take a shot at him but I believe he isn't going to be cheap enough.
    Secondly Tide made a good point earlier. If CB or Henry are not the solution what is the solution? Should we use our #3 pick on a RB? How about our 2nd ropund pick. Exactly who do you see as the viable option that is going to give us that Eddie George, in his prime prior to the toes injury type of back? I get tired of all the negative comments without any positive solutions.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

For Titans2008 Brown has had 8 games over the last two years where he carried 20 times or more and a couple of others with 19 carries.
    In 2004 Brown started the season with 16 carries in the 1st half against Miami for 100 yards before hurting his ankle. The next game against Indy he carried 26 times for 152 yards. The next game against the Jags he carried 23 times for 101 yards. He only carried 15 times the next game against San Diego because we got behind early (and stunk the whole game). The next game against GB on Monday night he carried 27 times for 147 yards. He hurt his toe and had carries of 13 and 14 the next two games but came back with a 32 carry game for 147 yards against Cincy. He then followed that game with 20 carries against Chicago which ended up being one of the most pathetic offensive games by two teams in NFL history.
    Brown missed the next two games but returned to carry 19 times against Indy for another 104 yards and finished his season against KC with a 15 carry game for 91 yards. When Brown was healthy he did fine carrying the load and produced 100 yards or so consistently. If you can objectively look at Brown's production in 2004 and say he isn't starting material you are nuts.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting...ouch!

Jamal lewis the last 2 seasons.
    1912 yards rushing
    307 yards receiving
    2219 total yards
    9 total TDs

Chris brown last 2 seasons
    1918 rushing yards
    474 yards receiving
    2392 total yards
    13 total TDs

Chris brown had more yardage rushing, receiving, 173 more total yards and 4 more TDs than stud lewis but it is brown who sucks big time and jamal who rocks! Oh yeah! And of course no one dare bring up the facts of jamal's criminal past you are liable to hurt a certain poster's feelings.

Hey 2008, who is your daddy?::suspect:

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

So you would rather have brown than J. Lewis? Just asking, it is what you seem to be saying. Not me, I would take a "3 yards and a clould of dust" back over brown. The point is a running game that you can depend on and win games with. A running game is used, at least the way Fisher uses one, to wear the D down and kill the clock when you have a lead. Two things we have done little of since C. Brown.:suspect:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If Jamaal joined us Henry would have a legit dealer.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

When was the last time we had a lead big enough to just kill clock? Being up by 3 isn't nearly enough to just grind clock, with the aneamic defence we've had the past few seasons.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Stats don't even begin to tell the whole story. The running backs are in two completely different situations. And like I've already listed, there are many factors that go into the "stats" that you evaluate with.

Jamal Lewis has far more potential to be a great running back again than Chris Brown does. Can i foresee the future ? Do I sit here and tell you that I know it will happen ? No. But Jamal Lewis was once the best running back in the league (a very short time ago) and has shown me nothing that tells me he can't be a very good rb again. Chris Brown, on the other hand, has reached his full potential. I really could care less how many yards he racked up. I've seen him play. I know what he's capable of. Brown simply doesn't have the potential to do what Lewis has already done. It really is as simple as that.

And to Soxcat... 8/32 isn't good... sure he's had some good games. There isn't some number you can look at in a vacuum and say.. "hell, he got a thousand yards this year, he must be great". If you look at the tape and you realize he could have had 2000 yards if he was a better player, then he isn't good enough.

Maybe next time I'll just pull a Bama and pick out one line in your post to pick apart with out of context google stats.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Eureka! This is what I've been saying. Thanks Tide, I mean Mr. Anaylst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar