Titans RB Situation Uncertain for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Yeah it was confusing...sorry about that. When I said "say this" I really meant that her post was to the effect that Travis was better than Chris...I've seen your vigorious defense of CB in the past...what I meant really was not to say that too loud around Soxcat...

Honestly, it's hard to judge a back behind our line...at least she knows personality when she sees it. If only personality could keep you free from injury.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Yikes...I know I love to see you get you going about the the RB position...
    Wowsers, I've really stirred something up. It is a McBack mentality...I don't care how good CB theoretically can be. I'm begining to wonder if this club has got enough FO smarts to field a winner. There used to be no question in my mind but lately I've had doubts surface.

The Eddie George I was referring to was the 1999/2000 EG...
    go ahead and throw 95-98 in there too I guess...
    He was still the real deal Holyfield...
    After that turf toe thing (2001) we never saw him again...

If you want to be ultra literal my use of shoes/one boot imagery makes your point completely fair. I only said "one boot" to be funny and exhaggerate...but still there is an old dusty stat that when the Titans were at thier hieght with the smash mouth running game, if EG had 100 yards or more it was a win __% of the time...

You validate that with the statement that CB will never be a EG...
    I know this.

By the way, sorry for responding so late. I didn't notice your first post when I posted again and I haven't really been watching this thread.

I still think the Titans need to get a Critical Theory style BEAST running back in the draft one of these years.

First and foremost we need to clone Roos.
    Young, solid and smart...Roos is good.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I never understood why this statistic was used. He usually only got 100 yards when we weren't forced to pass the ball (ie when we were behind). It's a symptom of winning... not the cause.

Every time I hear a commentator use a stat similar to this, I have this sudden urge to kick something. We should all be so lucky as to get paid for reading cliched teleprompters.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I never said I wasn't impressionable.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Exactly, that would not be so bad if it was not for the handful of negative plays that make his rushing almost pointless.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and the D had to worry about playaction on third and 1!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC bipolar...

Eddie george had just one season in his whole career when he averaged even 90 yards a game. He averaged 94 per in 2000. The rest of his prime he averaged around 85 per. From 2001 on he averaged just 65 per. Hardly the 100 yards a game you are talking about.

But hey you are usually wrong anyway.

Take note that soxcat has been a huge travis henry fan from the beginning. Heck he practically wet himself when henry had a couple of nice runs against the 49ers.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here we go again...

The old eddie supporters are back to bad mouth chris brown. Eddie's 3 yards and a cloud of dust are misunderstood. He was really a pro bowl player who was simply unappreciated. I'm wondering how many of those 2.2 yard gains eddie must have had from 2001-2003. Must of been plenty since his average was only 3.2. I guess the only difference between him and brown is that eddie isn't getting those 15 yard runs to help his average. Eh?

Look brown has his faults. He is only good for 200-225 quality carries as opposed to the 300+ you get from the top backs. He also fumbles the ball too much averaging 5 fumbles a season over the last 2 years. But brown can do some good things for you. He is capable of having a 150 yard type game. He has done that. He is pretty good in pass protection and is a very good receiver something eddie was not the last couple of seasons here. Brown has 45 catches for almost 500 yards the last 2 seasons and he can be used much more that way.

Is he a pro bowl player? No but he doesn't suck either and he comes with a cheap price tag.

It's funny we have an entire thread about our RB situation but nobody has mentioned money. Brown will only cost us $600K against the cap next year. What is more is that 2006 is the last year of brown's contract so he should be supremely motivated. He will be a titan next season no matter what if he is a third down back behind travis henry or someone else or our primary starter he will be back. Remember also that brown was a late, very late third rd pick not an ultra hyped high first rd back who is making $6M a year.

Didn't brown and henry have identical ypc this year?

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Chart his games rollboy, I have, not all true enough but several. What you will find is a lot of 1,1,0,0,1,1. with an occasional 15 yarder to keep the faithful(you) satisfied. That is not, I repeat not a running game. :suspect:

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

more like 2,-3,4,1,-1,0,23,

ya forgot those negative plays he tosses onto the pile. But I do agree with Bamaboy in that CB will be a Titan, and even if the Titans get a RB Fisher will play the "veteran" CB you can count on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar