Titans RB Situation Uncertain for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For the first time since 1986, the Tennessee Titans did not produce an 100-yard rusher in a season on the way to finishing 23rd in rushing offense in the league. With changes coming in the offensive line and possibly at the running back position, the future of the running game is uncertain. Chris Brown has one year remaining on his original contract but Travis Henry has a $4 million option bonus that must be exercised by March that would kick in the final four years of the contract. The Titans won't pay that so the Titans will have to renegotiate or release him. Whether it is Brown, Henry or even Reggie Bush if he were to be available at #3 in the NFL Draft, Coach Jeff Fisher sees improving the running game as a main focus this offseason. "With an offseason of experience and commitment and the fact that we'll be in the second year of our system, I expect things to improve significantly," Fisher said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I really think it says something about our O line when we have 2 top-tier RBs, and not one can get 100 yards a game. I think it shows in the passing game as well, as many sacks were given up. It's time for a change, Reggie Bush wouldn't have run well this year with this line.As bad as 2004 was, at least we could put together some offense. Jacob Bell needs to be starting next year, I know that much

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or maybe it says something about the defense. we need to score 4 touchdowns a game to have a chance at winning.

chris brown had 5 games with 20+ carries, none of which were more than 22 carries.

travis didnt have any games with 20+ carries.

4. It also says something about our lack of a threating passing game...

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I wasn't certain we had a running game.:suspect:

6. "running... game???"

"And if you ever breath another word of this mythical running game of yours, I'll have Jevon Kearse shoot you as a communist! Lord knows he has to do something around here to earn his pay..."

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm not sold on Chris Brown, I just don't think he can handle it. I'm sure that's why they brought in Henry. Henry didn't have his head in the game because of his off-field problem. Next year, if we don't bring in a high draft pick RB, I think we need to go with Henry and Nash. Yes I would rather keep Nash than Brown.
    ________
    Brunette Latina

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Well Brown is in his last year of the deal so he'll be around at the very least.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i loved that bit. :ha:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm a Chris Brown Supporter myself. I'd like to see him get all the carries, and this idea that he's injury prone is real, but damn, it is the NFL. People get hurt. I think he's more explosive than Domanick Davis for example. Which would put him in the top half of running backs. It just seems like he never gets the carries to prove himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar