Titans Ranked 7th in Power ranking.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by StlTitansFan29, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What was the Ravens record in those 11 games? 7-4?... They play much better with him. Their record with him is obviously going to be better than their record without him.

Yes, 64 corners... Does that mean all of them are good? No. 25th best corner in the league is pretty average. Same concept with Justin Gage... He's average. There are plenty of poor starting corners out there. Foxworth is good and he'll be a better pickup for them for the future since McAlister is only going to play for two more seasons.

You keep talking about a top 10 defense. That is not the argument. I have said that several times now. I said they may very well have a top 10 defense, but that's not good enough... remember in '07... what was their record when they had the #6 defense in the league? Oh yea... 5-11? That's right.

If you missed my point, here it is: The Ravens have a downgraded defense. How you've twisted that into "The Ravens have a terrible defense" is beyond me. If you feel that the Ravens will still have a #2 defense then please continue. Otherwise, you might as well agree with me. You keep talking about a top 10 defense, so obviously you feel that they've downgraded. You're leaving too much leeway by saying "top 10."

The Ravens lost more. They lost two starters (Scott and McAlister) on defense. We lost one.

There is no point to this argument anymore. You think the Ravens are going to have the #2 defense again, and I don't.

2. RavensShallBurn

I was just about to head to bed when I saw this garbage...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810536b4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Unbelievable. The Chargers are ranked ahead of us. The Falcons are ranked ahead of us. I have no problem with those teams. I think both of them will win their divisions next year, but #10 is disrespectful. I know I probably shouldn't care about this, but I just can't get past this garbage. 5 AFC teams ahead of us? No freaking way.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

They keep underestimating us,that's how we're going to beat everyone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm getting tired of this back and forth nonsense. It's obvious you deeply fear the ravens football team. Fear them to the point that you make these illogical comments each and every time.

Only fear would cause somebody to say something dumb that like bart scott and a soon to be 32 year old CB with a bad knee are more valuable losses than albert haynesworth. That's just dumb!

I'm not going to waste half my life trying to define "better than average" for you. By your own admission the ravens new CB is in the top 40%(26th out of 64) of all starting CBs that is better than average and makes up for mccallister. I'm also not going to waste half my life discussing which old past his prime CB is better, rolle or harper.

Bottom line is that the ravens won 2 playoff games with rolle and without mccallister and it was because of their defense.

So bury your head in the sand and whimper like a dog with fleas but the reality is that the ravens will have a top 10 defense this year and will be a damn good team. Get used to it.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How did "they" underestimate us? We were ranked ahead of 25 teams despite losing perhaps our best player.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

if you go by weight....then the titans lost more. we should be on the biggest loser

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's funny because somebody started a thread with a poll for MVP of the whole league last year and AH got about 60% of the votes from gotitans fans. Now all of a sudden he is no greater a loss to our team than bart scott was to the ravens/

I wonder what the reaction would have been had i said bart scott for MVP.

There is $6M a year difference between what bart scott got on the open market vs what AH got. Both frankly got more than they were worth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another interesting fact about samari rolle.

He is going to be the NB for the ravens this year. Fabian washington and dominque foxworth are the starting CBs.

Washington is one of the fastest players in the nfl he ran a 4.28 40 at his combine and foxworth is a 4.45 type guy. 2 younger faster starting CBs with the experience of rolle in the slot. Seems that the CB position has actually improved this year for the ravens.

9. RavensShallBurn

I agree... that the back and forth thing is getting really annoying. When I respond to your comments (that have very little to do with my original statement), you come back with garbage like this:
    For the last damn time... A TOP 10 DEFENSE IS DOWNGRADED. If you do not feel that the Ravens will have the #2 defense in the league, then you might as well agree with me. They lost their defensive coordinator, starting CB, starting LB, and a solid safety (Jim Leonhard) who started 13 games last season. What about that does not sound downgraded to you? You've avoided my point in every single post you've made. You talk about this top 10 defense nonsense. So freaking what? Guess who else had top 10 defenses last year? The Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs, and Patriots. And like I’ve already mentioned, the Ravens had the 6th ranked defense in 2007. They ended up 5-11. You avoid these statements I make.

What are you missing? Do you read my posts or do you just take them out of context? Honestly, this has been the most pointless argument I have ever had… Sure, maybe I said some things that may have been a bit illogical just because I hate the Ravens, but if you could just have accepted the simple point of the argument (“The Ravens will have a downgraded defense”) then we wouldn’t be talking about this nonsense anymore. I never said they won’t have a top 10 defense, so quit acting like I did. Oh looky here! What is this?
    Is this a quote by RavensShallBurn that says “I don’t see any reason why the Ravens won’t have a top 10 defense”… is it really? Yes, it really is! This was one of my original responses to your disagreements. I was completely calm and poised. But now that you’ve gone out of your way to avoid the actual argument, I’m quite annoyed… quite fair, I’d say.

Do I fear the Ravens? Sure… I didn’t want to play them in the playoffs last season. They, like you previously stated, were the most difficult team we faced last season. They’ve always had the our number. That being said, you better believe I want us to get another shot at them this time around. That has absolutely nothing to do with why I feel they have a downgraded defense. Read my posts; don’t assume. That would be a good start.

You obviously missed my whole point. This isn't going anywhere. This is like politicians arguing... neither side gets anywhere. They beat around the bush. The underlying point discussion is avoided.
    /argument… if you feel the need to keep giving your two cents, go ahead… but I suggest you read my posts in their entirety before you decide to take my arguments out of context.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You missed the point.

They are always a top 10 defense despite coaching changes and the occasional loss of a couple of starters. You said they would not be a top 10 defense!

You keeping harping about the loss of a starting CB. They won 2 playoff games without that guy. Their defense played great without that guy! get over it and they signed a Cb who is younger and faster.

You made a big issue out of rolle's age and he won't even start. You never mentioned fabian washington you never mentioned foxworth.

Wow really? Like they lost 2 other D-coordinaters since 2000 yet always seem to be good anyway? Like they lost their head coach last year and still had a good defense?

You made a big issue out of bart scott. In the last several years they have lost peter boulware, adalius thomas and ed hartwell. Did that matter? Does it ever seem to matter?

What about the linebacker they drafted in the 2nd rd? What about the corner they drafted in the 3rd rd?

Does the name Dawan Landry ring a bell? He was the starting strong safety for the ravens until he went down with a neck injury. So why is the loss of leonard such a big deal when the guy who was ahead of him on the depth chart will be back starting at that position?

The loss of mccallister-leonard and their D-coordinater will count for nothing since they have people as good or better to step in. the only real loss was bart scott and they have always been able to plug a guy in at that position. hartwell and thomas leaving were not a big deal and scott won't be either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar