Titans Ranked 7th in Power ranking.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by StlTitansFan29, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

c'mon guys....the titans will be underdogs for life....

couldnt imagine it any other way...

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I know it... It's probably better that way.

I would like to go back to all of our playoff appearances and see where we were actually picked to win.

I want to say that we were underdogs all the way through the '00 ('99 season) playoffs.

Overall, I'd say we were favorites in 4/11 playoff appearances. I try not to listen to "expert" predictions. Last season, I did better than each and every person on ESPN as far as picks go, so I trust my opinion over theirs.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my fav team is not getting enough love. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

We lost an mvp candidate and one of the best defensive players in the league. What are we supposed to do move up in the rankings? 79% of nfl teams were ranked lower than us.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As for the ravens they had an outstanding draft adding oher who immediantly upgrades their o-line and their running game.

They signed a better than average starting CB in Domonique Foxworth. Missed that one didn't you?

They also used the 88th pick on a very good CB prospect webb and in the 2nd rd drafted kreugar who will give them another pass rusher.

There is no evidence that their defense will not be outstanding again this year.

5. RavensShallBurn

No I didn't miss that, but thanks for assuming! Rolle (past his prime, mediocre), Foxworth (I wouldn't call him better than average... I'd call him average), and Carr (terrible corner).

You believe that the draft is proof that they will have a great defense? Did you think Chris Johnson would have immediate success? No... so why do you think you can predict what the draft will do for the Ravens?

They might still have a top 10 defense, but like I said, that's definitely not good enough for them to have a shot in the playoffs. The argument was that they won't have the same defense as last year (#2 defense). Downgraded doesn't mean I think their defense is going to suck. Missed that, didn't you?

6. RavensShallBurn

He's not whining.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The ravens gave foxworth a $7M a year deal so they obviously think he is better than average.

Take note that we have a starting CB older than samari rolle.

As for anyone "picking" us in a playoff game? we were 3 point favorites against the ravens last year. Slight favorites against the ravens in 2000 and slight favorites against the steelers in 2002.

8. RavensShallBurn

They can think that, but he's average. I could probably name at least 25 guys who are better.

Harper may be older, but Rolle has played in the league longer. Harper has been outperforming Rolle for the past couple of years.

That's what I figured... Respected favorites just because of the homefield and superior record. I thought we may have been picked against the Ravens @ Baltimore in 2003?... I was at that game. It was amazing.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe it is youthful enthusiasms or just a burning hate for the ravens that you can't see clearly.

Bottom line is that they were 2nd in defense last year despite samari rolle and not having mccallister for 11 games so those are not valid reasons their defense will struggle.

FYI there are 64 starting nfl CBs so if foxworth is the 25th best he is above average.

The ravens used their 2nd and 3rd rd draft choices on defense and got good value in my opinion with those guys.

There is no logical reason why the ravens would not have a great defense this year. They have had a top 10 defense in 8 of the last 10 seasons. It's something we expect.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again..

Titans lost haynesworth the ravens lost bart scott.

Who lost more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar