Titans Rank 28th in Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite the Titans wanting to be a run-based offense, RBs are currently just averaging 2.9 yards per carry. The Titans currently rank 28th in the league in rushing. Chris Brown and Travis Henry have been dealing with toe issues and rookie LenDale White hasn't forced his way onto the field. "We just need to keep getting more consistent," G Benji Olson said. " … Keep working and hopefully things will start opening up and we'll start breaking some big runs." Coach Jeff Fisher said the first half run success at Miami, where Henry took 14 carries 53 yards, led to adjustments that made the Titans turn elsewhere. So far this season, the Titans have run just 15 times in the fourth quarter.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Why do we have to constantly be reminded of the negatives? Jeff, get rid of his article. Oh, and the remark on White is a low blow. Coaches don't want him in there, it's so obvious. They left Henry, nursing a bad toe, in the second half despite is less than effective runs...

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or maybe he just doesn't know all of the blocking schemes and his responsibilities? Considering we have to throw a lot because we're always behind, he needs to know his pass protection scheme.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

These are summaries of articles which are published each day. I don't make up the topics. As long as times are tough, I expect this is what we'll be seeing a lot of until things get better.

Are you saying I shouldn't post this kind of negative content? Wouldn't it be easier if you just ignored thread titles that you don't want to read instead?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't believe there are 4 teams worse then us.

2.9 yards per carry. What else do you need to change the O-Line Fish?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Prior to losing S Alexander to injury he was only averaging 2.9ypc ,the seahawks running game has struggled. They lost a premiere when Steve Hutchinson went to the Vikings & they're still trying to fill the hole.

We have a long way to go in upgrading our OL if we're to start running again

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Excellent point!

Even though White ran Chow's offense in college, I'm sure it has changed quite a bit...especially in the protections. And considering Fisher mentioned Henry's good job at pass protection AND the fact that we can't run and have to throw....this is the logical conclusion!

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I hear ya, but...

TALENT???

What changes do you propose...move Bell to LG and Stewart to RT?

I think we need to draft a OG or 2 early on in the draft (or find us a Stev Hutchinson in free agency)!

Gut

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, actually i would like that. gets bell back to his natural position and stewart played very well against the chargers.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Clearly what we have isn't working, change may work, it may not but may as well try instead of accepting 2.8 yards per carry.

We do need to draft O-Linemen high up next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar