Titans Rank #28 Defense Heading Into '13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I saw a stat about Greene last year. In 23 attempts to convert short yardage situations on the goal line or to get a 1st down, he was 22 of 23. He gets it done in short yardage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Link?!? Sounds like some BS to me!

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

here

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Our defense will be a lot better this season, and here's why:

-Bernard Pollard.
    -We'll be playing a 3rd place schedule, as opposed to a 2nd place one last year.
    -Adding Gregg "The Bounty Hunter" Williams will help more than any single offseason addition. (aside from maybe Pollard)
    -Bernard Pollard.
    -Much better competition and depth at defensive positions.
    -Completely revamped run game and O-line, which will keep the defense resting on the sidelines more comfortably.
    -Improved QB play due to a healthy Locker and competent backup in Fitzy.
    -Bernard Pollard.
    Did I mention Bernard Pollard?

If our coaching staff can't field a respectable defense with all that assistance, then we will have new coaches coming in after this season. So it's a win-win either way. Expect to see a 2011-like or better defense take the field this season! We can live with that, after all, Tennessee historically wins by running the ball well, and playing good defense. (and Bironas kicking 8-million field goals.) :beerbang: Yeah, field goals FTFW.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I really want to see us win some games this season. Make a run. Shut up some stupid haters. Swear we get nothing but hate from the press.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TWW2 wont let facts stop him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You have google just as well as everyone else... Lol you think people gonna just ramble as much Bs as you? Sounds like a personal problem.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If all we did this offseason was upgrade the SS spot (we got two SSs far better than what we had) and fixed our OL enough to have a better running game statistically our defense would be vastly improved giving up fewer points and fewer yards per game.

The other FA additions and making some scheme changes can only make it even better. And we have guys going into their 2nd and 3rd seasons we hope will improve off last season. I have no doubt we will be better. It is just a matter of how much better.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Greg Williams moves us up 10 to 12 places just because he is here. Best off season move by the titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar