Titans @ Rams Preseason Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

wonder what was up with the WRs.... No Gage or Washington sighting at all... Dwill with one catch...Mariani did get most of the work along with Cook... but i wonder why we didn't play gage or washington... not that i'm mad about it or anything...

2. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

For old oilers heads:

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the days of Jerry Glanville. We have no personality, no balls on offense at all.

At this point, I'd be happy to bring back the run n shoot.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that we know what we have with them, and wanted to see how some of the others handled first team play. My guess is that next week we will see the starters for at least half of the game. Not sure if that includes Gage, but it will likely include Nate.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed - I hate preseason NFL. suPKs

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I said "get healthy man", he said "I'm trying man". No weed smell, ha.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. xpmar9x

Stafon and Harper had great games.

Locker struggled, although that Cook pass was a dime. Too bad kirkendoll (sp) didn't hold onto that TD.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I missed the majority of the second half so I'm hoping someone here can clear up my "assumptions" based on what I saw/read on here

-Hasselbeck looked good once again
    -Starting OLine was opening up holes and good in pass protection
    -Harper had a great game
    -Gage, Washington & DWill where nowhere to be seen
    -Cook had another good game
    -DL was very creative, mixing up packages/blitzes and got to Bradford a bit

-8/18 with an INT doesn't tell the whole story on Locker tonight? Horrible protection from the backup OL? I feel like he shouldn't have tossed up that INT though. He did throw away the ball at times when necessary?

-Pass coverage was awful in the second half?

In terms of the awful play calling, I'm hoping the extremely conservative approach (that run to pass ratio is awful) has to do with not wanting to tip our hand too much in the pre-season

Sounds like our backups lost us this one. I'm not bothered, I saw 95% of the first team play and we looked pretty good

8. xpmar9x

Do the first two really suprise you?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not at all, LOL, I was just summing up the game and wanted to see if any disagreed with me (since I didn't see much of the 2nd half)

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I missed the whole game, someone fill me in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar