Titans Radio delay tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF GOVERNMENT FUN POLICE! THE ONLY REASONABLE RESPONSE IS TO IGNORE THE FCC.

They have no authority--we do. I sure wish people would remember that.

Jeff, the fans are going to have to make a louder noise than the southern baptist morality squad.

Yeah, that's what I said. I'm sick of it.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree, The Titans / Bud are not going to risk it. Hey, we are the only team that does not have an agreement with Sirius. If you want to listen to the game on Sirius, you will have to listen to the opposing team's broadcast....and I don't think they came to Tennesse for their "training camp tour".

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They do have the authority to level huge fines.

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Even with the long delay, that still happened last night. Surely I'm not the only one who heard it?

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No doubt.

This is ridiculous. I've never heard a profanity on a football radio broadcast. I dont know if people listening in the stands ever get counted in ratings, but people who listen at home do. Eventually this could cost them advertising dollars.

I dont think the FCC mandates any delay, so this is a case of Titans Radio SEVERELY overreacting. I agree that both the complaints and the fines on this type of thing are out of hand, but so it putting a 20 second delay on the game.

If anyone is going to email the FCC to complain, you also might want to think about emailing Larry Stone. They need to know that they are losing listeners over this.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Someone should email him a link to this thread so he can hear our stories of apathy about Mike and Frank's words when they are half a play late and never describing what us the listeners see. That is the important part. They can sample some crowd noise for production sake. The only sound feed needed is that from the ref mic and that is under standard pa control. How about they not worry about the expensive telescoping microphones and just call the damn game. That's what people care about. No one wants to hear commentary on the last play as they watch the next. I didn't listen to my new radio all that much. I would have liked to.

How about they give them a cow bell a a squezze ball horn and a drum and cymbal. Back in the day they did not have such sophisticated sound pick up stuff. It has ruined their product. They should just nip it in the bud and not use those mics. If they taint their product and make them take crazy measures to counteract it... it's just not worth the sacrafice. They could at least offer a short range weak fm signal for stadium purposes... comparable to a pirate radio station. That might cost as much as three fines but could be a solution the fans can live with.

I certainly wouldn't want to think of Adams as cheap. I understand that he is trying to watch his money and all that. If Sunshine is right about there being a f-bomb or whatever on the air last night... that just goes to show that the delay is some how ineffective and other solutions must be sought. I think it would be awesome for there to be a pirate style stadium frquency that comes in crystal clear. They could tie things into the eventual scoreboards that will be bought with the LP money. It would be a stadium enhancement thing.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Because it goes uncontested. They're fining the wrong people....CBS instead of Janet jackson, the fans instead of the players, the broadcasters instead of the offender.

By hatchet axe and saw we have to all be cut down to fit the behavior of the lowest common denominator??

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not so sure about that.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honestly, how can they afford to risk $350k if some player drops an f-bomb while the ref has his mike open making a penalty call? To protect yourself from this, you'd not be able to do player interviews, capture any game sounds, or even be in ear shot of a fan under the broadcast booth.

This is a situation where the listener loses because of regulations created to protect them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar