Titans Radio delay tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Did anyone else take their radio to the game only to have Mike Keith and Frank Wycheck delays about 15-20 seconds all night long?

Listening to Titans Radio while watching the game was one of the best parts of the game experience for me. I don't know if this is a one-time deal but a lot of fans around me just turned them off because it was so annoying.

Anyone know why?
  2. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Jeez, that must have sucked! Without that it feels like high-school JV football.
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

There was a call about it on the post-game show. Apparently it's from the FCC. Mark Howard was aware of the long delay and said it would remain that way.
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I had my brand new headset with me and I was very happy with it. It picked up the signal and it was so very clear. The radio I had for last year wasn't near as good. The proximity of the broadcast tower seemed to fry it I think. As for the delay, I noticed it right away and it was irritating. I did listen to my radio much less than I otherwise would.
  5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

As in ALL of the Titans games?
  6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Yes, appearantly it is to keep profanity being picked up by parabolic mics from making the air.
  7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I feel for what you guys may have gone through last night. I say this because we in Winnipeg (I can't speak for the rest of Canadian cities) experience something similar on our CFL broadcasts/telecasts. Our local radio broadcasts are about two seconds ahead of the National TV broadcasts. And, you know whats happening before it happens on TV.

You're right it can be annoying. :grrr:
  8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It sucked. FCC usually says 7 seconds, and I didn't count, but TitanJeff is right. It was really long...10-15 seconds. The previous play would be over, the ball spotted, and the offence headed to the line of scrimmage and the whistle just killed the previous play on the radio a couple of times.
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Guess they're afraid Frank might say a bad word.
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I received a response from Larry Stone on this that I put in today's article. Basically, it's a $350,000 fine if a player throws out an "F-Bomb" on the sidelines and it somehow gets on the air. Bud isn't going to risk it.

I fear this thing will end up costing Titans Radio a ton of listeners both in the stadium and those who like to turn down the TV and listen at home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.