Titans quit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:sad2:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hope you guys attending the game boo the living hell out of this team if they come out flat, throw beer bottles, throw pop corn, hell grab some stray cats and ugly babies. Throw your loud mouthed wives on the field, don't accept another blow out.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think the quit ethic is a hold over from Fishers last days...there needs to be a team cleansing to flush it out, will probably take 3-5 drafts to get it completely out...

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Of course they quit. Anyone watching the game could tell. Been a problem for years. No heart and accountability on this team. This team is in dire need of on the field leaders AND a coach who is going to hold their feet to the fire when they aren't giving their all.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Too bad we don't have Keith Bulluck to have a players only meeting these days.

That's how he used to save Fisher's job.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But we also need a coach who is going to let the new players know that the quitting BS is unacceptable here. You can bring in all the hardest playing college players you want but if the in-house culture doesn't change then those players will eventually adapt to the loser way of life.

Munch needs to realize that by refusing to put players on notice he's effectively condoning this lackadaisical play. Sure we don't know what's going on behind the scenes but we just laid two turds in a row. So that tells me he's either not doing anything more behind the scenes than he's letting on publicly or the players are simply tuning him out the same way they did Fisher. If it's the former, then he needs to man up and realize he's the HC and it's his job to keep these guys in check. If it's the latter, then he needs to go to whatever extreme necessary to get their attention. Benching... outright cutting... WHATEVER it takes.

It's his responsibility to set the tone for the entire team. And so far he seems to be doing an awful job in that regard. He needs to let these guys know he's not Fisher (which I'm not totally convinced is the truth) and he's not going to stand for half-@$$ed efforts and mediocrity.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree we have old problems still rooted in this team from the last 4-5 years and it will take awhile to clean out.

I think this starts with your team captains and the coaching staff. The captains should light a fire under this teams (swear word for booty!) on the field if need be. It should never get to the coaching staff to begin with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You mean this team isn't elite?

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Leadership void.

Its lacking in the coaching staff and players both.

They need more fire and passion.Someone needs to raise hell and take charge.

I said from the get go Munchak's laid back style is not cutting it.He looks like he is day dreaming on the sideline.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It was déjàvu.....just missing the Oilers throwbacks, the snow, and the Patriots.
    Otherwise it was 2009 in Foxboro all over again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar