Titans QB Jake Locker suffers left shoulder injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Jake Locker suffered a left shoulder injury while making a tackle in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against the Patriots.

He was replaced by Matt Hasselbeck while trainers worked on Locker on the sideline. Trainers outfitted Locker with a brace under his shoulder pads.

Locker was injured while tackling safety Patrick Chung. On the same play, receiver Nate Washington suffered a leg contusion. Both were listed as questionable.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

HEY ROBOT, WHAT ABOUT NATE WASHINGTON? ... Jake looks fine, Nate got worked..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Still waiting on news of Nate robot...

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

On a play that should have been blown dead, our starting QB gets hurt making a tackle. Hate these replacement refs. Watching them blow false start calls in the 49r's - Packers game now. How embarrassed does the league have to be to realize that they need real referees?

5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Jake Locker said he plans on playing next week at San Diego after injuring his left shoulder in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against the Patriots.

Indications are Locker suffered a shoulder separation when made a tackle on Patriots safety Patrick Chung. He did not return to the game.

Coach Mike Munchak said Locker, who completed 23-of-32 passes for 229 yards, a touchdown and an interception in a 34-13 loss, will be evaluated again on Monday.

“We assume he’ll be OK,” Munchak said. “We’d rather him not go in there and tackle anybody, but he is so competitive I guess. He wanted to go back in … but we just wanted to make sure he got checked out before we did something like that. The way the game was at that point we thought we’d hold him out.

“Assuming that he’ll get checked out, he should be OK for next week.”

Source: Titans Insider

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just heard this on the injury report at the end of the Broncos/Steelers game...

Typical Titans luck.

2008: MVP goes down in playoffs against Ravens. Titans lose.
    2010: MVP goes down against Chargers; Titans go from 5-2 to 6-10.
    2011: MVP goes down against Broncos; Titans go from 2-1 to 9-7, miss playoffs.
    2012: MVP gets hurt... impact TBD.

I'm worried we will see Checkdown Charlie in next week. At least Britt will be around - for a quarter.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

from everything else I have heard.....its really not a big deal.

Either way Hass was gettin it done today.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

WHAT??? I thought he was pure garbage. The passes he made were pretty simple ones.

9. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well I mean, Locker was doing plenty of checking down as well.

I just don't want Locker to go down long term. That means we will be stuck with an older QB with injury concerns. So it is very important that Locker stays healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar